Windows 10 , How to make Taskbar get Aero ?

Please use my DeviantArt link to download my application: http://dblake1.deviantart.com/art/Taskbar-Blur-Toggle-0-2-0-412358153

Your Taskbar Blur Toggle not working on Windows 10 right ?

When I use it , It just make Taskbar Enable transparent or Disable transparent ..

I will answer as I use this already and is proven to work on Windows 10 as you can see in the picture I posted above (post #9).

Your photo so small , cant see.

Here: http://store.picbg.net/pubpic/34/3B/0146ad791447343b.png

Please use my DeviantArt link to download my application: http://dblake1.deviantart.com/art/Taskbar-Blur-Toggle-0-2-0-412358153

Your Taskbar Blur Toggle not working on Windows 10 right ?

When I use it , It just make Taskbar Enable transparent or Disable transparent ..

I will answer as I use this already and is proven to work on Windows 10 as you can see in the picture I posted above (post #9).

Your photo so small , cant see.

Here: http://store.picbg.net/pubpic/34/3B/0146ad791447343b.png

Taskbar Blur Toggle not working on me , How you use it ?

Are you using donate version ?

I seem to be missing something. What I want is simply to make the taskbar transparent (and preferably blurred too). What I don't want is a different start menu - in my opinion the start screen in Win 10 is better than anything that Classic Shell or StartIsBack provide. There seems to be no option for that?

From this forum I have the following script which I've saved in as a cmd file which I run as a task on startup (then every few mins thereafter). It's not an ideal solution though - the cmd window pops up momentarily every time it runs, which can be distracting if you're watching a movie or something, and every time you select the start menu or Cortana the transparency and blur is lost until the task runs again. 

(Need to make sure SetWindowCompositionAttribute.exe is saved in Windows/System32 first):

@echo off
:1
SetWindowCompositionAttribute.exe class Shell_TrayWnd accent 0 0 0 0
SetWindowCompositionAttribute.exe class Shell_TrayWnd blur true
cls
Exit

Any better ideas?

Edited by Rabangus

You have a couple of options to use it. Either run TaskbarBlurToggle.exe, click "Enable Blur" and tick "Run at startup". Or, make use of the available shortcut "EnableTBBlur" which is what I do. I made a copy of the shortcut to my Start-Up folder (C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup) so it runs automatically after log-in. Keep in mind that the shortcut might need modifications to the Target and Start in sections depending on where the files at (but keep an eye on the switches).

c32b3edb54c7f29e.PNG

EDIT:

I also use Personalization Panel for Windows 10 from here. Using this utility, I'm able to set theme colour intensity to lowest level so the blur effect on taskbar can be seen clearly.

Edited by ahmedsalahais

I seem to be missing something. What I want is simply to make the taskbar transparent (and preferably blurred too). What I don't want is a different start menu - in my opinion the start screen in Win 10 is better than anything that Classic Shell or StartIsBack provide. There seems to be no option for that?

To make the taskbar transparent (without blur) is simply an option built in Windows 10. Open Settings > Personalisation > Colours > Tick "Make Start, taskbar and action centre transparent". Achieving blur on taskbar is a different thing thought. That's why there are talk about third party programs to achieve it as I have not come cross an alternative convenient method.

Here I will talk about StartIsBack only as I use that. StartIsBack does NOT replace Windows 10 start menu but allows using the legacy start menu by default. While using StartIsBack, pressing Win button on the keyboard will launch legacy start menu. However, pressing Ctrl+Win will launch the new Windows 10 start menu. This means StartIsBack gives you the best of both worlds.

The most important thing for you here is that StartIsBack was not suggested to offer taskbar blur (although it have the feature). The reason I suggested StartIsBack because it allows colouring the taskbar so brighter colours can be used  which was an attempt to answer this:

Dblake1

Can you make blur a light as the windows start menu, otherwise the app is great

If you just don't care about the taskbar colour, you do NOT have to use either Classic Shell or StartIsBack. Just enable taskbar transparency in settings and use TaskbarBlurToggle which will work just fine as you can see below. You may also need to use "Personalization Panel for Windows 10" from here. Using this utility, you will be able to set theme colour intensity to lowest level so the blur effect on taskbar can be seen clearly.

ce53d021404d3dd6.PNG

From this forum I have the following script which I've saved in as a cmd file which I run as a task on startup (then every few mins thereafter). It's not an ideal solution though - the cmd window pops up momentarily every time it runs, which can be distracting if you're watching a movie or something, and every time you select the start menu or Cortana the transparency and blur is lost until the task runs again. 

(Need to make sure SetWindowCompositionAttribute.exe is saved in Windows/System32 first):

@echo off

cls

Exit

Any better ideas?

I have not tried this method and have no idea why it needs to be ran every few minutes (which is inconvenient). However, if I was going to use this method I would create a VBscript with a loop to run the main script. The VBscript will allow running the main script silently without showing any command window at all. Read this: http://superuser.com/questions/140047/how-to-run-a-batch-file-without-launching-a-command-window.

Edited by ahmedsalahais

Thanks ahmedsalahais, you da man!

First, the 'transparency' applied by Win 10 is a waste of time. Not interested in that. Also not interested in having to use a shortcut to open the start menu, so Classic Shell and StartIsBack don't meet my needs.

The reason why the script above needs to be run every few mins is that every time you open the start menu or Cortana the transparency is lost. However, using your suggestion what I've done is create the following to a vbscript file which I've scheduled to run at logon then every minute thereafter. This runs the main script silently:

CreateObject("Wscript.Shell").Run "C:\AeroGlass\Taskbarblur.cmd", 0, True

Still not an ideal solution, but another step closer. Thanks for your suggestion!

ahmedsalahais, thanks for yours atlas theme! Could you please show a few more screenshots with other windows?

I mean, on you screenshot this atlas looks flat but when i use it - result is not so flat at all..but great atlas anyway!

Can you please also tell me what tool did you use for increasing size of icons in taskbar?

You have a couple of options to use it. Either run TaskbarBlurToggle.exe, click "Enable Blur" and tick "Run at startup". Or, make use of the available shortcut "EnableTBBlur" which is what I do. I made a copy of the shortcut to my Start-Up folder (C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup) so it runs automatically after log-in. Keep in mind that the shortcut might need modifications to the Target and Start in sections depending on where the files at (but keep an eye on the switches).

c32b3edb54c7f29e.PNG

EDIT:

I also use Personalization Panel for Windows 10 from here. Using this utility, I'm able to set theme colour intensity to lowest level so the blur effect on taskbar can be seen clearly.

No no no, Whenever I (and I am assuming F3lixChan as well) use this program to enable blur, it makes the taskbar 100% opaque. It does not add any blur to the taskbar. I never used StartIsBack but I found that you can enable taskbar blur on the taskbar only using Classic Shell's option in the Windows 10 settings tab. Classic Shell is free and you can make it so the Windows 10 start menu is the only start menu that appears.

EDIT:

No no no, Whenever I (and I am assuming F3lixChan as well) use this program to enable blur, it makes the taskbar 100% opaque. It does not add any blur to the taskbar. I never used StartIsBack but I found that you can enable taskbar blur on the taskbar only using Classic Shell's option in the Windows 10 settings tab. Classic Shell is free and you can make it so the Windows 10 start menu is the only start menu that appears.

Have you read what you quoted? this answers it without Classic Shell or whatever. Cheers!

ahmedsalahais, thanks for yours atlas theme!

You are kind but it is not mine. The theme atlas is clssharp by Kankipappa and the credit goes to him.

Could you please show a few more screenshots with other windows?

I mean, on you screenshot this atlas looks flat but when i use it - result is not so flat at all..but great atlas anyway!

Here's another one with more windows opened. I hope it serve you well!

904a524f25eb17b4.png

Can you please also tell me what tool did you use for increasing size of icons in taskbar?

It's a feature of StartIsBack as shown in the picture above.

ahmedsalahais, thanks anyway!)

As for myself, i tried to use StartIsBack but got just transparent taskbar without blur..Maybe missed some option.

In turn, TaskbarBlurToggle did not worked in my system at all..

The only solution for me is Classic Shell but type of taskbar blur in Win10 is different from that in Win8.1..

@echo off
cls
Exit

Any better ideas?

I think you will like my idea which runs with no command window at all to pop up and down. Instead of your batch file, use this.

@echo off:1SetWindowCompositionAttribute.exe class Shell_TrayWnd accent 0 0 0 0SetWindowCompositionAttribute.exe class Shell_TrayWnd blur truetimeout /T 2 /nobreakclsgoto 1

This will run every two seconds so your taskbar automatically refreshes.  I put it on my C-drive, and created a .vbs file to run in startup.  This script hides the command window so that you never see it.  

Dim WinScriptHostSet WinScriptHost = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")WinScriptHost.Run Chr(34) & "C:\TaskBarblur.cmd" & Chr(34), 0Set WinScriptHost = Nothing

As you can see I named my code C:\Taskbarblur.cmd.  So just open notepad, paste my code in it with the name of your batch file, and save it as a .vbs script.  Put it in your startup folder, and you are good to go!

Edited by dhjohns

Thanks dhjohn,

Funnily enough I had come up with a similar solution myself. In a .vbs file that runs on startup I have the following that repeats every second:

Do
Wscript.sleep(1000)
CreateObject("Wscript.Shell").Run "C:\AeroGlass\Taskbarblur.cmd", 0, True
Loop

Sure ..

• ThemeAtlas: clssharp by Kankipappa (here)
  • Explorer like Windows 7: OldNewExplorer
  • Start Menu: StartIsBack++ (this allows legacy start menu and modern start menu simultaneously in addition to choosing taskbar colour, opacity and blur)
  • Taskbar blur: TaskbarBlurToggle (it achieves better blur than provided by StarIsBack++)

I tried all the software you mentioned and was not able to achieve anything close to your screenshot.

Edited by ptd163

Actually, me too. I'm stuck at the taskbar blur level. I tried to use TaskbarBlurToggle with StartIsBack and personalisation utility from winaero, but intensity slider affect only windows borders but not taskbar itself(((

The same with AeroGlassGui, blur effect radius and glass reflection intensity doesnt affect taskbar in win10.