Issues with 8RP Theme

Channel 2012

I know this isn't specifically related to the glass project, but it does have to do with aspects of the theming. My question is that I'm working on installing the Windows 8 Release Preview theme for Windows 8.1 and am experiencing a minor bug where when a window is maximized, there appears to be an incorrectly colored row of pixels on top of each of the buttons, as pictured here with two different color schemes used (you may have to zoom into the picture to see it):

2vim36g.jpg

24fme6r.jpg

It is hard to see on the "exit" button, but is most obvious on "restore" and "minimize" controls, especially with the blue theme. Here is a screenshot from an actual installation of Windows 8 Release Preview for reference:

2s777gl.jpg

Here are some mockups of how the first two pictures should look based on the picture above:

2u42ezk.jpg

2poqqyr.jpg

The problem does not show up unless the Window is maximized. It appears with and without Glass8 and/or other RP atlas themes installed/enabled. Any ideas on how to go about fixing it?

So this occurs without AeroGlass installed?

Yes. It occurs with or without Glass8 installed. At first I thought maybe I had a bad theme, but I tried four different themes (two theme atlas PNGs for Glass8 and two actual Windows themes that require UxStyle) and got the same thing on all of them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I can't guess anything else, even though I have done some mods to themes myself. It seems 8.1 has modified the theme system quite a bit from the original 8.0 release. I can't really help more either, as I don't use 8/2012 anywhere at the moment, now running Vista in my two computers as the main OS.