Add Package Guide

Hi.

I download new windows 10 upodates (.msu files) and tried to integrated them to install.wim, but after try installing, I get this error:

hdz8_error.jpg

I searched in google and find windows 10 download link with August Update. and see this Note about how integrated update files to windows:

DISM /add-package and /resetbase (Indexes, boot.wim and winre.wim):
KB3081440, KB3081436

DISM /add-package and /resetbase (Additional - Indexes only):
KB3074678, KB3074686, KB3087916

after do above note, windows installed correctly without any error. with this explanations I want know how can understand (eg: KB3081440 should be integrated with boot.wim and not install.wim?)

Thanks.

Windows 10 is moving away from individual updates and going more toward cumulative ones. For example, the latest one as of this posting is KB3081444:

https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=3081444

Clicking on either will show which updates are included. I do not yet know if previous updates need to be removed before putting the new one in, it is likely.

Only one DVD has been made with my Windows 10 install.wim, but I have not yet added KB3081444 to it. The newest one I used is KB3074683. That works fine without having to add any updates to boot.wim.

Why are you adding updates to winre.wim and boot.wim? I have never seen anything saying you need to do that, other than for a relevant hotfix.

Only one DVD has been made with my Windows 10 install.wim, but I have not yet added KB3081444 to it. The newest one I used is KB3074683. That works fine without having to add any updates to boot.wim.

Why are you adding updates to winre.wim and boot.wim? I have never seen anything saying you need to do that, other than for a relevant hotfix. 

because at first I added All updates to install.wim and this work give me above error. but when I don't added KB3081444 to install.wim, windows install correctly. I want know why I can't add KB3081444 to install.wim? because this work make give me error.

thanks.

Edited by behdadsoft

Did you try removing the other updates you added first, unmount /commit, remount and then add KB3081444?

FWIW I always unmount /commit then remount when removing/replacing an update or driver.

yes, now work very well.

i just making an wim file with integrating all updates i has a doubt that 

if i added an old update in an image after few days there will be new CU 

so do i need to remove old update to save space or do i just update it with new one ?

if i need to remove the old update is the Dism command remove-package works ?