Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.4

If donation.key was accepted correctly and symbols do not download then please provide your debug.log (it would be good to enable verbose logging - see guide on the website how to do that)

I used program files in 8.1 Pro but it looks like 1o doesn't like that as much (;:-)) I installed in c:\aero glass and symbols did download.

I still got an errro message abot a dvm library not compatible - seen this in this thread in several cases. I clicked cancel and it stopped bugging

Why using Aero Glass makes Microsoft Edge titlebar appear instead of combining with tab bar? How to restore previous behaviour whilst still using Aero Glass?

Microsoft Edge is modern app and thus its frame is added by ModernFrame.dll. If you don't want this titlebar then do not use modernframe.dll. It is not possible to combine it with tab bar.

Can ModernFrame.dll be made to ignore Microsoft Edge completely?

IMO it's really not needed when using the black theme.

Why using Aero Glass makes Microsoft Edge titlebar appear instead of combining with tab bar? How to restore previous behaviour whilst still using Aero Glass?

Microsoft Edge is modern app and thus its frame is added by ModernFrame.dll. If you don't want this titlebar then do not use modernframe.dll. It is not possible to combine it with tab bar.

I like what it does with the Edge browser.

I like what it does with the Edge browser.

TEHO

I used program files in 8.1 Pro but it looks like 1o doesn't like that as much (;:-)) I installed in c:\aero glass and symbols did download.

I still got an errro message abot a dvm library not compatible - seen this in this thread in several cases. I clicked cancel and it stopped bugging

Even if you clicked “Cancel” after restart message shall reappear. “Symbols” folder with symbol files inside must be placed in Aero Glass installation directory.

It‘s better with additional bar than without glass at all. Anyway, if this issue can‘t be actually solved it doesn‘t make a big difference at least for me as I don‘t use that browser anyway.

Edited by MDJ

bigmuscle, first of all thanks for the great software!

Can you say something about windows preview borders(Aero Peek in Win 7) in Win10? There are transparent(with blur) in Win 8.1, but non transparent at all in Win10..

Or this is not related to aeroglass?

I use Classic Shell or StartIsBack++ for taskbar blur effect by the way.

P.S. This is an illustration of the situation i am talking about in my Win 8.1 system:

http://postimg.org/image/f10jbcgbl/

..And in my Win 10 system they are just solid colors..

Edited by klasik

..And in my Win 10 system they are just solid colors..

I'm pretty sure that's because of changes Microsoft has made to the Taskbar implementation itself, but I'll let Big Muscle confirm.

-Noel

<...> Can you say something about windows preview borders(Aero Peek in Win 7) in Win10? There are transparent(with blur) in Win 8.1, but non transparent at all in Win10.. <...>

It isn‘t just you. For me thumbnail previews become transparent only when hovered over with mouse pointer. I believe that this transparency is there even without Aero Glass program.

EDIT: a little bit of transparency is seen even when only icon on taskbar is hovered so at least in my case it isn‘t just opaque color. Of course, there‘s far less transparency comparing to Windows 7 but this is because of Microsoft‘s decision to make taskbar elements uncustomisable.

Edited by MDJ

After applied AeroGlass 1.4.1 to Windows 10, the windows border looks bad and inconsistent that is much thicker than the original windows border size. See below pictures:

8621f138abcaccd8.png

Also inconsistent colors of the titlebar and the thicker border:

276182319cac9c4b.png

Also, the thicker inconsistent glass border of Start Menu:

99601458a190b32f.png

The original border looks like this:

543b093e57438df8.jpg

Edited by tester123456

Yes, there is bug that blur effect can have glitches when it is near the screen edge. This will be fixed in upcoming release.

Hi :)

just wanted to thank you for this great Software and fast replies !

i installed 1.4.1 and everything (modernframe too !!! ) is working correctly. Awesome.

BIG THANKS 4 THIS GREAT PIECE OF SOFTWARE ! :) :) :)