Glass8 Win10 Build 149 Issue

I went from build 120 the build 149, hoping to be able to use the possible improvements on title bar button sizing, but when I updated and restarted aerohost.exe everything froze except my cursor. The only way I can fix this is by taking out my battery and forcing my computer to go into the advanced boot options by unplugging it during boot and renaming the folders using CMD. My question is, is there any reason for this? Are there any ways to fix it? I can provide more details if needed.

I was actually updating to the latest 64-bit build 149 version myself when a Windows update came in all of a sudden...

I had just finished replacing all of the new files and went to perform a restart when Windows update wanted to install 

their own update, once the system began to restart, I only got up to a light blue screen with very small code populating 

the screen. I had to remove my AeroGlass directory from my C:\ into my 2nd hard drive and restart my laptop. 

That was my fix... So it seems this latest Windows 10 update, which I didn't even write down is breaking my AeroGlass

Testing Laptop...just when it was starting to look really good..

You can't do that. It tells you in bold text on the Windows 10 page that you can't use the AppInit_DLLs method to enable Aero. You have to schedule a task that will run at startup and will run aerhost.exe.

You can't do that. It tells you in bold text on the Windows 10 page that you can't use the AppInit_DLLs method to enable Aero. You have to schedule a task that will run at startup and will run aerhost.exe.

Thank you for your answer! Can you please explain how can i do that?

Open the start menu. Search "Task Scheduler." Click "Task Scheduler Library" under "Task Scheduler (Local)." Click "Create Task" on the right. Set the user for it to run as to "SYSTEM," set the trigger to startup or log on, and set the action to point to aerohost.exe inside of your aero glass folder. Either run the task or reboot.

Open the start menu. Search "Task Scheduler." Click "Task Scheduler Library" under "Task Scheduler (Local)." Click "Create Task" on the right. Set the user for it to run as to "SYSTEM," set the trigger to startup or log on, and set the action to point to aerohost.exe inside of your aero glass folder. Either run the task or reboot.

Thank you very much! I get it to work! But what is the difference between this method and traditional one?

The reason is:  The more recent Aero Glass for Win 8+ software (since WAY back when the Win 8 version was under development) is simply designed to be loaded by the AeroHost executable.  The author says it should no longer be loaded via AppInit_DLLs.  Note the bold wording on this page:

http://www.glass8.eu/win_future.html

Just for reference, Zacharee, you can have multiple DLLs listed in the AppInit_DLLs entry - just separate them with spaces.

-Noel