Music download questions

MSNwar

I am a complete noob about online music downloading and the formats, but my 12 year old has grown into it and wants to download mucic. I know this is the perfect place to ask some questions.

First, which online site is the best in terms of selecting the songs and later burning to CDs that can be played in his MP3 player or having them mailed directly to my house?

Second, what is the best variable in terms of sound quality? I think its called bit sample rate?

CuBie, Downloading from legitimate sites for a price. In the past I saw a few discussions about some sites having a better selection than others, faster pipes, things like that.

Thanks

There's Itunes, but I do not know about getting a CD of it after you purchased some music, I do know that most music costs 99 cents. This is for people in US. If you're in Canada, there's puretracks.ca which still costs 99 cents canadian, the same thing, but for this CD, it has limits, like how much you can burn. I know puretracks use WMV format to restrict permissions. I do not know about Itunes.

Hey MW,

Here is a comparison that was done on "The Screensavers" that gives a preety good rundown on some of the online music stores. They don't cover all the sites but quite a few.

Also 128 bit is about all you need as far as sound quality for mp3s. It gives very near cd quality without using a horrid amount of disk space.

There's Itunes, but I do not know about getting a CD of it after you purchased some music, I do know that most music costs 99 cents. This is for people in US. If you're in Canada, there's puretracks.ca which still costs 99 cents canadian, the same thing, but for this CD, it has limits, like how much you can burn. I know puretracks use WMV format to restrict permissions. I do not know about Itunes.

If you're in Canada, you can download MP3s off P2P networks LEGALLY for the moment! :)

true :)

I think 192 is the best quality, after changing my speakers and getting a better headphone i can now see the difference between 192 and 128!

napster doesn't have that many collections, sorry napster!

true :rolleyes:

I think 192 is the best quality, after changing my speakers and getting a better headphone i can now see the difference between 192 and 128!

napster doesn't have that many collections, sorry napster!

:) I've seen CD albums at 320 Bit rate..

As far as p2p i use DC++ (A open source client for the Direct Connect Protocol).. It rocks, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much stuff on there

Chris.

Same here dude it rocks :)