Cant get windows update to work at all

btnormandin

I guess that listing the "everything" you tried would be fairly longish, but you could - even without being verbose - provide some more details, "it does not work" means "nothing", you should have one or more specific errors which is important you report.

Even "latest updates" mean very little, each update has a number/name which is/are the one(s) that fail?

jaclaz

Sorry for being vague, ever since I put a new install of win 7 on a newly built pc about 3 months ago windows update has never worked. It keeps giving error codes listed below. I have tried the microsoft fixit tool, ran the Reset_Windows_Update_Full.batWindowsUpdateDiagnostic (1).diagcab and a few others. I have tried running external programs to try and update windows but I dont think they worked and I think windows update should be the route to update my pc. I have listed the current installed updates and the error codes I have got with windows update. Let my know what else I can provide, I am a little new at this, thanks.

Error codes:  C80003FA and 8024000E

Currently installed updates (windows update has never worked so not sure if these were installed with win 7 or the external programs)

KB2819745
KB2872035
KB2809215
KB2534111
KB976902

loosely, C80003FA is more or less connected with "general" connectivity to the internet:

http://windows.microsoft.com/is-is/windows/windows-update-error-80244016-8024402f-c80003fa#1TC=windows-7

i.e. it could be an issue connected with some settings in your antivirus/firewall/router, but it could as well due to improper configuration of some service in the OS.

8024000E on the other hand is more likely to be due to some (corrupted/modified/whatever) system files, my guess :unsure: is that it is the cause of the other.

Can you try running SFC and post (compressed in a .zip file) the resulting CBS.log?

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-run-system-file-checker-analyze-its-logs-in-windows-7-vista

jaclaz

Looks like it completed ok. Do I need to grab that cbs.log file somewhere?

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan.  This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\Windows\system32>

Brian

No, if it says it went well I believe that it's OK.

There could be some issues in some (needed) service. :unsure:

Easier would be if you could delete logs (System and Application ones) then reboot and see if there is anything "strange" in any of them.

You already did try to run the so called "Fix It 50202" and the "System Update Readiness Tool ", didn't you?

https://www.winhelp.us/reinstall-windows-update.html

There is also this (Third Party) tool:

http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html

cannot say if it may work for your issue, but I have used it in the past (for other network/services related issues) and it worked fine after many other attempts failed.

jaclaz

I have tried everything to get windows update to update my pc with the latest updates but gives error every time. I even tried to reinstall windows 7. Anyone have any ideas, thanks.

When performing Windows Update in Windows 7, "Unable to find new updates." error (code: 8024000E) occurs and the update fails.

Usually this issue is caused when Intel Rapid Storage Driver isn't installed.

1. go to Intel Rapid Storage Driver download page.
  2. Go to iata_cd.exe, click [download] to complete download and installation.
  3. 2882882.png
  4. Once the installation is complete, restart the computer and see if the problem has been resolved.

I'm not quite sure, but it looks like it could be your problem.