DriverPacks alternative.

Hello. Currently I have an unattended install of Windows 7 and after the install I run the SAD3 script from

http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=5336

This runs nicely but the issue i've recently faced is my boss give me a brand new machine and the drivers from driverpacks.net are three years out of date so what I thought would run perfectly didn't go so well. I ended up missing graphics/network/usb controller and a few other things. So I ended up burning these files to a CD and installing manually then updating the rest with the driverpacks online tool.

My question is what are the alternatives with up to date drivers post install?

Thanks.

Hello. Currently I have an unattended install of Windows 7 and after the install I run the SAD3 script from

http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=5336

This runs nicely but the issue i've recently faced is my boss give me a brand new machine and the drivers from driverpacks.net are three years out of date so what I thought would run perfectly didn't go so well. I ended up missing graphics/network/usb controller and a few other things. So I ended up burning these files to a CD and installing manually then updating the rest with the driverpacks online tool.

My question is what are the alternatives with up to date drivers post install?

Thanks.

As you said drivers from driverpacks.net are three years out of date.

Best way is go directly to equipment manufacturer page to get drivers, some times you can also go to Intel, Realtek or any other brands page to get latest drivers versions for the components.

Edited by alacran

Thanks for the reply alacran, but manually doing things is ok when things are missing but my goal is have everyting automated.

I found a package called Snappy Driver Installer. The total driver downloads is 10gb lol.

As I'm doing this entirely from USB I copied the whole Snappy driver directory to .\sources\$oem$\$1\D\SAD3 and have edited DP_Install_Tool.cmd to run the snappy driver installer instead of the driverpacks installer. This saved editing  c:\windows\setup\scripts\setupcomplete.cmd

I'm just in the testing stages at the moment but I can see the whole process taking about an hour to complete. The total size of the drivers+setup files is about 15GB. As it's fully automated, or should be time shouldn't matter so much.

Edited by techsup1983