MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. ×

Windows 10 - Deeper Impressions

xper

Been away for awhile, but is Win 10 no longer "The Worst C*** Ever"?

Just because have 9 computers that have 1 or more Win 10 OS's under test hasn't changed product that much.

Newest computer has XP Pro, Win 7 Pro and Win 10 Home on it.  Just for comparison testing.

1 hour ago, BudwS said:

Been away for awhile, but is Win 10 no longer "The Worst C*** Ever"?

Have you missed your favorite thread? It didn't go very far.

• Like 1

Win 10 21H1 does seem to be usable if you lock down privacy, use non-MS browsers, add blocker extensions, change search engine, use a program to remove left over software debris, only save to PC and use email that doesn't save your emails to profile you.  Does seem to need a lot of housekeeping.

hehaha.... ahh microsoft, now i have to uninstall defender whenever i make my install run well?

this is just hilarious...

image.png.7749a001457d30234d238a961adc56be.png

9 hours ago, Tonny52 said:

hehaha.... ahh microsoft, now i have to uninstall defender whenever i make my install run well?

this is just hilarious...

image.png.7749a001457d30234d238a961adc56be.png

before it attacked to modified hosts files that blocked telemetry on client system

• 2 months later...

Windows Defender is the second thing I always disable when I reinstall or upgrade. UAC being the first.

Telling me non malicious software is bad. *%("@ you windows!

All I have for protection is;

custom hosts file, clamwin av portable, spybot portable, spyware blaster portable, loads of services disabled, 99% tasks disabled, firefox w/ ublock and few other addons and a large tweaked prefs file, w10privacy, blackbird, o&o shutup10, lots of reg tweaks, custom firewall rules and common sense.

I don't let windows control anything that I can do myself.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2021 at 2:05 AM, RanCorX2 said:

Windows Defender is the second thing I always disable when I reinstall or upgrade. UAC being the first.

I usually disable windows defender using Defender Control app
and I run Win10 LTSC 2019 which get updates (excluding feature updates) & support until Jan. 2029
very rarely have problems with using the Win10 LTSB/LTSC editions and are stable

Edited by erpdude8
  • Like 1