Windows 10 - Deeper Impressions

xper

Perhaps, we need to follow the money that MS gets from advertising and marketing hooks set in W10.  And what about data tracking?  The W10 computer doesn't have to compute as long as money is generated by the background software that gathers information to sell or provides advertisement to market products.  The money trail explains a lot when trying to understand why things are done the way they're done today.  Conspiracy theory? No, just marketing protocol.  My computer that refuses to update to the next W10 release is becoming more valuable every day.  :cool: Arizona:  Maybe it's just the heat. (Monsoon may start over the weekend!)

10 hours ago, kosamja said:

So thats one of things windows 10 can be good at... Curing gamers from gaming addiction...

Nice find. It's a great medicine for that purpose but really hearts diehard gamers.  I am a gamer but not a addicted one. Some times I play to have fun but those guys and gals play almost at least 8 to 9 hour a day which is really hell for me.

22 hours ago, NoelC said:

People actually want OneDrive integration?

-Noel

Just another nail in the coffin for Microsoft....I still get customers ringing to say they need help with their computers and they turn up and there and behold they have upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and several functions do not work properly....

I point blank refuse to try and fix these issues on computers that don't have support for Windows 10 from the manufacturer...

One guy recently came with such a computer and had bought a separate keyboard for his laptop instead of asking himself why the laptop keyboard had stopped working....go figure...:P

I use OneDrive just for forum stuff now....don't trust microsoft at all...

This video on facebook from one of the computer store chains is about the so called Microsoft IT support ringing people and conning them...they still ring me and I just say **** *** now and they hang up... even though it is presented in Swedish ...listen to how they wind the scammers up....I even recognise the woman from this video...she has rung me twice...they never learn...:ph34r:

26 minutes ago, bookie32 said:

I point blank refuse to try and fix these issues on computers that don't have support for Windows 10 from the manufacturer...

Interesting stance for a professional :dubbio:, do you also refuse to work on pink laptops and on those that have a NRA sticker on it?

You understand how your - let's say peculiar - attitude may lead the customer to buy a new machine, thus making EXACTLY what the manufacturers want? :w00t:

jaclaz

Hi jaclaz!

Just new you would be around...:D

As a professional, I don't take the position of refusing a customer help without good reason....been there got the T-shirt...

When a customer comes with a computer upgraded from Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10 and the manufacture doesn't support Windows 10 on their machines it usually means that things just go from bad to worse...Microsoft adds drivers that basically stop certain functions from working and even if I find a fix an update from Microsoft usually puts me right back where I started....

Customers have a hard time parting with their cash in the first place and for something that they have to repeatedly come to be fixed...they just don't want to pay and it has cost me more than I earn out of a job looking for a solution....

So, instead of wasting time trying to look for a solution to their problems - I do exactly as is recommended by all manufacturer's  and that is ...recommend resetting the computer to the previous version which is supported on the hardware....

It is bad enough having to fix such problems on computers that so called support Windows 10....!!!

So, as long as the id*** at Microsoft don't listen to their users - and keep dishing out this s***, then I will refuse to do repairs for hardware related issues that have been caused by Windows 10....

I am refusing because my customers don't basically want to pay for a fix that gets changed as soon as Microsoft release another update....

Hope that clears things up a bit:w00t:

bookie32

24 minutes ago, bookie32 said:

Hope that clears things up a bit:w00t:

Yes, it is a bit better :), still you were right in NOT choosing advertising as a profession (at least as much as I was right in NOT attempting the diplomatic career) ;), you do know how this sounds, don't you?

26 minutes ago, bookie32 said:

So, instead of wasting time trying to look for a solution to their problems ...

jaclaz

Oh god such support personal will rest users in hell . Right? 

She is technician or something so called stupid.  What wrong in using RDC? Their own soft right? Rather than another hell called supremo. 

17 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Yes, it is a bit better :), still you were right in NOT choosing advertising as a profession (at least as much as I was right in NOT attempting the diplomatic career) ;), you do know how this sounds, don't you?

jaclaz

OK let me try and make sense here....what I write on this forum is a long way from the service my customers actually get....If I have a penny/dollar/krona what ever currency you choose - for the lost time trying to solve customers problems then you will understand that I am being blunt here and not with my customers...

My girlfriend will say out loud here that the hours I don't get paid for and my commital to my customers....not giving up on problems that have cost me hours that I wont get paid for - then I don't think out of the hundreds of customers I have ...there is more than two that will try to say I gave them a bad service...and those two ended up in court for non-payment of my bill.... and I will point out before anyone says anything...that I was actually in the right to take them to court....

I don't like to boast but....never give up on my customers regardless the problems and as far as Windows 10 goes it is a matter of ecconomics for my customers...do they want to pay to sort out a particular problem or the cheaper option and reset the computer....

This is why I say what I say....I need to try and make money but the truth is a problem has to be solved even if I lose sleep over it...that is what my customers get and nothing less.

Sorry, If it looked like I was just being nasty....

bookie32

2 hours ago, bookie32 said:

Sorry, If it looked like I was just being nasty....

bookie32

Don't worry :), I was just kidding, it simply could have been better worded :lol:.

@Dybia

Is your post in English? :dubbio:I cannot make head or tails of it. :w00t:

Maybe you could try to be more verbose and try to explain what you wanted to say.

And now, something actually on topic:

https://randomascii.wordpress.com/2017/07/09/24-core-cpu-and-i-cant-move-my-mouse/

Quote of the day:

Process creation is slower, as you would expect from a much slower CPU, but process destruction is as fast as my new laptop at its best, and is fully parallelized.

This tells us that this serialization on process shutdown is a new issue, introduced sometime between Windows 7 and Windows 10.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

2 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Thank you for posting this, since it hits quite close to home for me.

From that article...

This tells us that this serialization on process shutdown is a new issue, introduced sometime between Windows 7 and Windows 10.

In order to get maximum build speeds (and if I want to move my mouse while doing builds) I need to reboot my machine every few days. Even then my build speeds are not as fast as they should be, and Windows 7 starts to look tempting.

It's something that's been introduced between Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, since I do much the same kind of work he describes and I do not see any "mouse catch" situations (which would be appalling on a workstation where you very much expect to be able to do a lot of multitasking without much impact on the UI).

I have imagined that - though it should be advancing - the OS would start to return to its roots (e.g., performing more poorly and actually needing a reboot every so often), and apparently it's actually coming true.  Probably the result of immature application engineers in Microsoft doing ham-handed bugfixes - or maybe "security enhancements" - to the system itself.

It's no small feat to achieve an operating system that will stay running virtually forever without degradation, remaining light and interactive.  People ask why I prefer Windows 8.1 tweaked the way I have it.  Stability and sustainability are very good reasons.

Uptime47Days.png

-Noel

Yep, good to know, translated:

It's something that's been introduced between Windows 8.1 and Windows 10,

means:

It's something that has been introduced in Windows 10

as there is no "between".

jaclaz