Windows 10 - Deeper Impressions

xper

Seems to me that's just another downside of having UAC enabled.  The system believes it needs to protect itself from you.  That's why I've never used it, and refuse to do so even with the latest versions of Windows 10.

Is anyone else here testing the Creator's Update and having a problem scheduling tasks based on time?  I.e., create a task that's set to run in 5 or 10 minutes, then try to run it manually?  With build 15063.11 I've been getting this strange error:

OddTaskSchedulerError.png

Edit:  I later learned that this came about because I had disabled the TimeBrokerSvc service.  I have since re-enabled it and can now execute time-based scheduled jobs just fine.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Some news on telemetry we have now at least some data (hoiw much reliable it's a whole different thing):
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/04/06/microsoft_windows_10_creators_update/

Put down your coffee and admire the sheer amount of data Windows 10 Creators Update will slurp from your PC

Official list of phoned-home info revealed by Microsoft

jaclaz

I am surely not the first one to think this or comment about it....but I just wonder if allowing an upgraded computer from say Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and then having that digital license connected to their Microsoft account is a sure sign that they are not interested in their software anymore...

Not content with ramming this version of Windows down our throats as an upgrade, recommended update, and now you can move the digital license to entirely new hardware and activate it.....

Is this another BORG move?

bookie32

Microsoft, in response, says:

If a customer who upgraded during the one-year program needed help with the upgrade experience, we had numerous options including free customer support and 31 days to roll back to their old operating system. We believe the plaintiffs' claims are without merit.

WE, on the other hand, believe the vendor's policies are without merit.

-Noel

My problem is that it seeks to reward the people too stupid to avoid the "upgrade" to Windows 10.  What about all the time and effort those of us "in-the-know" put in to avoid it?  Isn't that worth something?

-Noel

4 minutes ago, Mcinwwl said:

In terms of dollars M$ is bathing in, 5 million is more a giggle than a strike, isn't it?

And - to be fair to the good MS guys - some of the requests/reports may well be exaggerated, and - just as an example - the fact that Geek Squad could not restore operation of the computer and a new one was needed is not proof of anything, actually WHEN someone will report that Geek Squad did actually fixed properly *anything* THEN it will be IMHO worth the news ;).

If the point is that the whole "upgrade" process was done in a reckless and irresponsible way, it has however a lot of merits.

jaclaz

16 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Well, from the attitude shown by Microsoft...I think I made the right decision in telling my customers that had laptops that died "after the upgrade" that it wouldn't be worth trying to make a claim against such a company....

bookie32

• 1 month later...

Guys and Gals see this thread

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/is-windows-10-the-worst-oparating-system-ever/c7706efa-d22a-4d25-b44f-46083e20b50e

I have never though that gonna be so hell .

My PM is getting can you make my new PC work with XP .it is came pre installed with 10 . can you make chrome work on xp ? this things . it seems people are angry

1 hour ago, xpclient said:

Look what this IT security analyst found about Windows 10. It does not honor many privacy related settings: https://twitter.com/m8urnett/status/866353982217699328

Is this something new...;) I don't think Microsoft give a s*** about their users at all....time to kick this company into touch...

To think I actually had respect for this company....God you live and learn...

bookie32