Windows 10 - Deeper Impressions

xper

That's true. Then again, it's also true MS lost its last chance to redeem itsel and release an SP2 for 7...
Therefore, last month was the last one in which a true comparison betwwen 7 and 10 was possible to be made fairly.
Oh, well ... :}

5 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

Windows 10 can and should only go up from here. We are past EOL (End of License) for Windows 7, meaning that you cannot buy a new computer with Windows 7 pre-installed on it anymore. Except some circumstances, but they would not end up making any difference in those OS charts.

Sorry, but that is where you are wrong....the sales of Windows 10 have been so bad that many new computers from my supplier come with Windows 7 Pro pre-installed with the option to upgrade to either Windows 8.1 Pro or Windows 10 Pro...

It is certain manufactures that have boycotted Windows 10 giving customers that chance to ignore Windows 10 for the time being...

bookie32

Edited by bookie32
extra info

48 minutes ago, bookie32 said:

Sorry, but that is where you are wrong....the sales of Windows 10 have been so bad that many new computers from my supplier come with Windows 7 Pro pre-installed with the option to upgrade to either Windows 8.1 Pro or Windows 10 Pro...

That program ended Oct 31st. ;)

8 hours ago, dencorso said:

:huh:  How so? :unsure:

Ok! Tripredacus is right that there are no computers manufactured with Windows 7 ....but many manufacturers decided  to downgrade their computers to Windows 7 and offer either Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 as an extra...

OK COURSE...we all know that this can't last now with the newer Skylake processors supposedly not supporting Windows 7 but do but that will definitely stop with the next generation which makes it impossible for manufacturers to downgrade to Windows 7 to keep sales....

So, at the moment we can buy many computers with Windows 7 Professional pre-installed but that isn't going to last...

Microsoft will not accept that Windows 10 is crap and are tossers!!

We all know that getting a good processor now and keeping Windows 7 as long as possible isn't  real problem yet....

Windows 7 Professional OEM licenses are still on sale, so we can buy them as well....

It would seem that even though sales are not what they were expecting....they can't and wont back down now and we are just small fry (customers/users) and we don't really matter in their scheme of things......

I hate Microsoft...(harsh word hate) and everything they stand for...

bookie32

Thing is, the majority of people are content to just make do...  It really is a "raise the temperature slowly and boil us alive" situation.

Time was, if you pushed into territory where society didn't accept what you were doing morally, you backed off.  Now you invoke a campaign to do no less than change the norms of society - in order to be able to pursue profit that was previously unavailable.

It's how yesteryear's malware author became this year's cloud company. 

I have trouble as seeing that as anything but evil.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

6 hours ago, bookie32 said:

Ok! Tripredacus is right that there are no computers manufactured with Windows 7 ....but many manufacturers decided  to downgrade their computers to Windows 7 and offer either Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 as an extra...

OEM Facilitated Downgrade Rights is available in the Direct Channel and expired the same day (Oct 31) as normal Windows 7 installs did. There are ways to continue selling a computer like this past the expiration of the program but there isn't a reason to get into it. As far as general retail sales go, that program is ended. OEM Facilitated Downgrade was not an option in the System Builder channel at all but I am well aware that companies were doing it. And I would not be surprised if Downgrades continue to be sold unadvertised without one of the special contracts required past the expiration. Plenty of people do not follow the policy documents. All I can tell you is what the rules actually say, not what is actually being done out in the marketplace.

One thing. System Builders are still able to sell computers with Windows 7 pre-installed using System Builder Kit media. This SKU is usable until it stops being available from the distribution houses. There is no end date on the sale of System Builder Kit. Also RRP (Registered Refurbisher Program) can still install Windows 7 on used computers.

Businessmen may say Microsoft is being "smart".

In my world "smart" just doesn't describe doing things that bring quick profit at the detriment of trust and the long-term good of the world.

Being "smart" is what they did in the past, that led to them being a viable company that brought positive change to the world for 3 and a half decades.  Their current tactics simply have no positive future.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

37 minutes ago, NoelC said:

Businessmen may say Microsoft is being "smart".

In my world "smart" just doesn't describe doing things that bring quick profit at the detriment of trust and the long-term good of the world.

Being "smart" is what they did in the past, that led to them being a viable company that positive change to the world for 3 and a half decades.  Their current tactics simply have no positive future.

-Noel

Very well said...I totally agree...maybe  it was just that we were toooooooooooooooooo trusting...?

bookie32

On Thursday, November 03, 2016 at 1:14 PM, bookie32 said:

OK COURSE...we all know that this can't last now with the newer Skylake processors supposedly not supporting Windows 7 but do but that will definitely stop with the next generation which makes it impossible for manufacturers to downgrade to Windows 7 to keep sales....

So, at the moment we can buy many computers with Windows 7 Professional pre-installed but that isn't going to last...

Microsoft will not accept that Windows 10 is crap and are tossers!!

We all know that getting a good processor now and keeping Windows 7 as long as possible isn't  real problem yet....

Windows 7 Professional OEM licenses are still on sale, so we can buy them as well....

It would seem that even though sales are not what they were expecting....they can't and wont back down now and we are just small fry (customers/users) and we don't really matter in their scheme of things......

I hate Microsoft...(harsh word hate) and everything they stand for...

bookie32

I can still buy 98 se , Single disc is lying here in a local computer shop.

age of That disc is older than my age.

Edited by Dibya