Windows 10 - Deeper Impressions

xper

On 6/3/2016 at 2:15 PM, xman charl said:

State agency where I worked for many years in California, had over 300 cpus running xp.

Trip to Italy  last year, stayed at 5 different hotels, all had xp cpus. TVs about 25 channels. Radio stations 5 or 6.

Steve Gibson, GRC.com, still uses xp for main OS.

Do not see xp going away in the furture.

Charl

Unless  MS Coming with Good Os also Stop Giving Acess to Everything To NSA , FBI .

On 8/9/2015 at 8:49 PM, vinifera said:

you mean 12, win7 comes with 11

and 12 should be able to be ported over, as WDM and kernel aren't that different comparing to XP

but, they will probably block it out just like Service Pack 2 was

There 8 Delay Load Dependency Exist in Kernel32.dll

Many Delay load Exists in ntkernel and hal , mincore stubs.

I am really it is quite impossible to add as there free space is non existent in PE of any files  mentioned Above.

I prefer uBlock Origin over Ghostery because 1. More ad servers blocked 2. Lightweight on memory like Ghostery but nicer UI 3. Custom ad block filters. For example my son-of-a-b***h Internet Service Provider inserts ads in the HTTP traffic of paying customers, I block them using uBlock Origin, besides the hosts file and in the router.

Edited by xpclient

Wow, Microsoft's downward spiral is unstoppable.

After a LONG time I posted a pretty tame GWX-b***h on their C9 forum yesterday. They deleted it today. I  asked why and they deleted that question too.

That forum was full of shills and stuff but it was very free. During the W8 days far more enflamable stuff was posted there without the admins running amok, despite some of the shills calling for bans.

Well, at least their forums are now completely aligned with their protofascist W10 product policy. It's a complete a-hole company from start to finish now.

On 4. lipanj 2016. at 5:40 AM, Kelsenellenelvian said:

And you are amazingly rude, angry and offensive. Some of the things you've said recently have gotten other people banned. Your generally insulting, constantly foul, and flame people who don't agree with you. Your truly worse than the win ten fanboiz and super trolls we see all the time. 

you're funny guy
while I gave all arguments to kill his stubborn bs, you call me a troll

hell ban me then and be over with it

4 hours ago, Formfiller said:

After a LONG time I posted a pretty tame GWX-b***h on their C9 forum yesterday. They deleted it today. I  asked why and they deleted that question too.

That forum was full of shills and stuff but it was very free. During the W8 days far more enflamable stuff was posted there without the admins running amok, despite some of the shills calling for bans.

Well, at least their forums are now completely aligned with their protofascist W10 product policy. It's a complete a-hole company from start to finish now.

That sounds about as bad as the Windows Insider forums. I had posts "edited" out of all recognition by moderators, and @NoelC got sent into exile a couple of times. The last time I checked (and I can't even remember when that was), the Insider forum was a barren wasteland of tiny technical questions, but no discussions of the "big" issues. The sort of stuff you might have read in a local Soviet newspaper around 1975.

I would have expected Channel 9 to be more professional about this. But I guess the infection has spread to the whole company.

No doubt at some point they'll talk about the lack of complaints about Win10 on Microsoft forums, and use that to boast how everybody's now happy with the new OS. :rolleyes:

--JorgeA

32 minutes ago, JorgeA said:

No doubt at some point they'll talk about the lack of complaints about Win10 on Microsoft forums, and use that to boast how everybody's now happy with the new OS. :rolleyes:

--JorgeA

Just like they boast about W10 marketshare spikes after forced GWX "accidents".

The July issue of Maximum PC offers a couple of Registry tweaks to nudge the Win10 UI in a Win7 direction by bringing back the "classic" versions of the volume control and the clock:

First, the volume control. Browse to HKLM --> SOFTWARE --> --> Microsoft --> Windows NT --> CurrentVersion, then create a key called "MTCUVC" under "CurrentVersion." From here, create a new DWORD value called "EnableMtcUvc," and set its value to 0.

To restore the Windows 7 classic UI for both Date and Time, and Battery, browse to HKLM --> SOFTWARE --> Microsoft --> Windows --> CurrentVersion --> ImmersiveShell. Restore the UIs by creating two DWORD values called "UseWin32TrayClockExperience" and "UseWin32BatteryFlyout" respectively, then set their values to 1.

I can confirm that these yield the desired results, making the use of Win10 just a little bit less annoying.

The magazine further suggests a way to go back to balloon notifications (replacing the big, dark slideout notifications) by going to HKCU --> CURRENT USER --> SOFTWARE --> Policies --> Microsoft --> Windows --> Explorer, then creating a new DWORD value called "EnableLegacyBalloonNotifications" with a value of 1. However, I don't have that key on my Win10 installation, and creating it didn't seem to do anything. (It's entirely possible I did something wrong.)

My question, though, is: How did they discover that they could do this, as well as how to do it? How would anybody think of creating those particular keys with those specific names?

--JorgeA

5 hours ago, vinifera said:

you're funny guy

who is stubborn bs?

6 hours ago, Formfiller said:

At this point I kind of feel there's no point in trying to help either Microsoft or the people who would frequent the Microsoft forums.  Quite likely very few folks there would want to hear about ways to protect users from Microsoft.

The time for hoping for a change in direction seems over.

Now it's about protecting oneself until such time as that becomes too expensive, then after that choosing alternative systems to work with.

-Noel

@JorgeA, keep an eye on Winaero's blog and you'll learn a lot about making Windows 10 like Windows 7. Sergey Tkachenko and I write the articles there. Btw, they broke the classic Date pane in Anniversary Update so it no longer works. Future of other keys bringing back classic functionality is uncertain.

6 hours ago, JorgeA said:

The last time I checked (and I can't even remember when that was), the Insider forum was a barren wasteland of tiny technical questions, but no discussions of the "big" issues.

There are worse MS forums. I had received an email relating to a "new" Partner forum for me to check out. It wasn't new, threads went back 4 months. All the threads were posted and answered by the forum moderator. Pre-created threads with self-answered questions. :no:

13 hours ago, vinifera said:

you're funny guy

I'm not calling you a troll. A general all around a**, yes but troll is too nice a title for you. Also you're kind of proving my point. You say I called you a troll. I called you everything but a troll.....

Hell I'm not even taking about the arguments, I'm taking about the foul and abusive language and general hatred you commonly spout.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

my hatred goes toward MS and winblows 8/10
with this guy I had debate and I gave him every counter answer to his "xp is best" thing

but calling out me like that, you know I forgive you, I forgive you coz I love you and I love this forum
and I'm in good mood now, and Love is everywhere, Love wins man

5 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

There are worse MS forums. I had received an email relating to a "new" Partner forum for me to check out. It wasn't new, threads went back 4 months. All the threads were posted and answered by the forum moderator. Pre-created threads with self-answered questions. :no:

OMG, really?!?

That is just incredible. :puke:

Well, OK, no longer incredible, given what I've seen over there.

--JorgeA

9 hours ago, xpclient said:

@JorgeA, keep an eye on Winaero's blog and you'll learn a lot about making Windows 10 like Windows 7. Sergey Tkachenko and I write the articles there. Btw, they broke the classic Date pane in Anniversary Update so it no longer works. Future of other keys bringing back classic functionality is uncertain.

Thanks for reminding me @xpclient, I do remember seeing good things there and should go back in.

That's terrible about no longer being able even to bring back the classic Date. Guess I shouldn't be surprised by any outrage they commit anymore.

What do you think are the chances they'll break Classic Shell completely? I remember about their stupid little trick that required renaming the installation file, but I'm talking here about removing enough code to make it impossible to run Classic Shell.

--JorgeA