Confusion Using AeroGlass with Windows 10 RTM

Hey guys, I am new to this tool and had issues with getting it working. I would recommend to the developer that he place a quick start guide in the archive. Even though it is a debug build I had problems figuring how how to get it to work. In particular:

1. I had issues getting it running. My first instinct was to create a service to run it, as that is what I thought the error message you get when running it directly was asking me to do. Surprisingly running it as a service almost works. I did find where on the site it says to run it as a normal process under SYSTEM using Task Scheduler and that worked.

2. I also did not realize not to install it to Program Files. Fortunately, I never do that anyway so there was no issue for me personally!

3. I could not figure out how to use the included custom PNG at first. The website is not very clear how to do this, I had to figure it out by trial and error you need to create the CustomThemeAtlas entry in the registry and point it at the PNG. The .layout file is, I assume, either inferred or not used at all. I also suspect you should not use quotes around the path in the registry.

Anyway, I think this is a cool little app, and hopefully some of the things I've seen in development like a GUI app to pick themes and the installer for the stable version should help out a lot with these problems I had. I will definitely be using this app, unless it turns out to not like some of my games or something, in which case I will eagerly wait for the formal release.

I am hoping that by posting my issues here anyone else who is having problems can find this and benefit. :)

Hello,

It has been said several times that Windows 10 version is for debugging/testing purposes only and for ADVANCED users only.

All instructions to use any version of Aero Glass is described on my website and if someone is not able to read it and follow it, then he is not advanced users and he should not use any testing versions of any software.

Due to the nature of Aero Glass utility, it can be more harmful than anyone thinks. Also, all needed information has already been said during the development of Aero Glass for Win8.x - if someone wasn't participated in the development of previous versions, he is not advanced user.

If non-advanced user use it, I will not provide any support for him. I'm locking this topic, because it makes no sense. But once more in capital:

!!! AERO GLASS FOR WIN10 IS ONLY DEBUGGING BUILD INTENDED FOR ADVANCED USERS !!!