How can I clean install Windows 10 and activate it using W7 license?

nice_guy75

Well it seems changing the date in the BIOS and not having an internet connection (so Windows won't know the date is wrong) isn't enough to make the button go away. The button is still there and still usable.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a service running a .Net assembly/container relying on a XAML file to implement a dual mode Flash/HTML5 timer/ticker (that can only be rendered properly by Edge or IE11), with values obviously expressed in nanoseconds in order to make leverage of 64 bit numbers ;).

jaclaz

After the computer went to sleep, and wake back up, the option to return to Windows 7 is now gone. :(

Well that's the typical effect of the continuous update process (as MS has planned and implemented it), they wait for you (or the computer) to go to sleep and then they do to your poor, unsuspecting system whatever they fancy.

Every day you will boot to a new OS, with a number of changes done overnight. (for your own good of course)

jaclaz

Well...

...uninstall Windows 10 and go back to...Windows 7 or 8.1 from MS Refurbisher.
...not real sure I want to clobber mine to find out. The original COA key has already been deactivated. Says so right on the paperwork (which is the Refurb "COA").