Windows 10 Upgrade Ripp Off

TheJudge

When you make an upgrade no key is required just run it from activated 7 SP-1 or 8.x.  Then first time on line you get activated and HWID is stored on MS Activation Servers. (but anyway there is a generical key in your OS I checked that using aida64, same for everybody using same version). If during upgrade a key is requested, it means you are upgrading with the wrong version.

Latter after upgrade, if you format and reinstall (clean install), the key is going to be requested twice, just skip it, DO NOT PUT ANY KEY, then when on line your OS gets activated automaticaly, as your HWID is already known.

HWID I am sure you can change almost everything but if you change MB you lose activation.

Old way to clean install the betas DO NOT WORK with these release (build10240).

So if you don't make an upgrade first, you are not going to get activation (unless HWID is already known).

You are free to make a local account, I recomend do not use express options, go one by one selecting you preferences, in order to protect your privacy as much as possible.

Thanks for all that. :thumbup

Saves me attempting swapping several things to see myself.

I know I'll be messing my system up so will need to do a reinstall. If can't get into Windows to do a Reset I have the USB created.

Thanks for all that. :thumbup

Saves me attempting swapping several things to see myself.

I know I'll be messing my system up so will need to do a reinstall. If can't get into Windows to do a Reset I have the USB created.

Also take a look to this posts, they may be usefull too:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/174149-we-can-hide-updates/#entry1104725

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/174149-we-can-hide-updates/#entry1104859

Just so you know you dont even need a key. If you were to skip the key it still would activate. I have done this at least 3 times so far. Activation is tied to the hardware now. Which is ok in my opinion. Too many folks I know loose the product keys. This is a safer bet in my opinion. As far as the system failing and needing to activate thing I have never seen a case where calling up Microsoft and they dont sort this out. This is in all my 10+ years of IT Microsoft has always reactivated any system that failed the online activation. They would rather give it to you than you steal it is my guess on that.

Actually after upgrade you can use a program to grab the product key and use it on a fresh install from disc.

It asks for key and key works.. Activates fine.. But u have to upgrade to get your product key

Affidavit, you posted this same piece of info on three threads, but all of them lack a description of the "a program" you used.

Can you share this piece of info?

jaclaz

ProduKey is the program I used but any will do. Aparrently though, you can skip the product key entry and it will activate regardless. As long as you did the upgrade...

I upgraded.. Grabbed key.. Clean installed using key and it worked for me.

Yesterday, I tried doing a clean install as Alacran said on post 12, skipping steps to enter the key and yes W10 was still activated. With the same key of course.

Thanks for posting the information.