adobe flash player renenders my mouse pointer "frozen"

Whenever I attempt to watch a web-page video, with flash player , on Firefox, the adobe box pops up asking me to allow or deny the content provider to store files on my computer. Then mouse pointer immeaditly "crashes", the pointer starts to rapidly flicker. Then the buttons on the adobe pop-up become un responsive. I can't select either option. And I can't navigate to another web-page, I can only escape by shutting down FireFox.

I have a Win Vista SP2 64 bit computer, and the latest version of FireFox. And the latest Adobe versions. I also have IE9 which I also update. But since Adobe changed the way it updates I wonder if the 2 Flash Player versions are interfering with each other, because i never had any problems with the old 3rd party downloads.

Any ideas what the problem is ?

There is a way to set your Flash player to prompt for storage. I don't remember where you can set this but I have that enabled myself. I agree that actually being able to click on the Yes/No is quite difficult. I don't have the problem of not being able to click other things tho.

Regarding the 2 Flash players thing... There are separate plug-ins for IE or Mozilla browsers. If you have both open you can see the separate plug-in containers running in Task Manager. I do not think they are conflicting.