winamp 5.0.3a release!

XtremeMaC

My preference is to use the original installer with /s switch, and pskill winamp.exe

So, neither will I ever use the MSI, nor am I going to use that scripted method.

tis true....

but there are those picky people only want Audio and now Video.....

I think I'm going to add a poll.....

My preference is to use the original installer with /s switch, and pskill winamp.exe

So, neither will I ever use the MSI, nor am I going to use that scripted method.

tis true....

but there are those picky people only want Audio and now Video.....

I think I'm going to add a poll.....

true eXtrememac.msi way was much easier then the mazin.msi way

so alanoll, why arent you ready with creating the 5.04msi? hurry....!! :)

This is a one time download and you're done.

Why is the poll if you've already decided to create a MSI. Do it, then. People like variety. But please, no more beta testing. :)

And I believe for awhile is was a competition between the two (XtremeMax and Mazin). His MSI requires you to do numerous steps. This is a one time download and you're done. Select what you want, badda bing badda boom.

i will always preffer the msi file because i hate java, and how the "badda bing badda boom" way could be worst?? :)

This is a one time download and you're done.

Why is the poll if you've already decided to create a MSI. Do it, then. People like variety. But please, no more beta testing. :)

haven't decided. Just trying to provide a point to Solid. I have decided to make the MSI for myslef, but the difference would be how extensive, as for myself it wouldn't NEARLY have all the features like it would I were to post it. I'd just do a simple setup capture and be done with it. I'm trying to see the interest before actually doing all the work....(which is alot. have you seen the inside of the one Mac made?)

I know it's time-consuming. But I know you like to help. So, you'd better go ahead even without waiting for the OK from people.

People will like it when it's working. If not, then you know! :)

I know it's time-consuming. But I know you like to help. So, you'd better go ahead even without waiting for the OK from people.

People will like it when it's working. If not, then you know! :)

tis true....I do like to help....still be interesting to see how many people of the some 130 downloads on the new link actually post here :rolleyes:

I would be really pleased to see an msi for v5.0.4!!!!!!!

I really don't like how's winamp is installed silently and would like to modify things, without the .js thing (or AutoIT which is the same...)

well, right now I"m still working on the INI part. That I'm mainly doing to see if I can :) It's almost done.

INI workings complete. If you want an INI compatible version for the current MSI (5.0.3a) I can upload that real easily. I still have to replace files and whatnot to get it up to date.

Basically, instead of a nasty commandline pass, ie

winamp.msi XAUDIO=1 XVIDEO=1 XREG="asdsdfadjkhl" XKEY="asjdkhasdghauiorhgu"

it now becomes

winamp.msi INI=C:\winamp.ini

and the INI has

[Setup]
XAUDIO=1
XVIDEO=1
XREG="asdsdfadjkhl"
XKEY="asjdkhasdghauiorhgu"