winamp 5.0.3a release!

XtremeMaC

Alanoll: Maybe you can use quotes? Meaning this: "path\msiexec.exe /i winamp5.msi Xblah".

That should help with spaces. I know it works for directory's but I don't know if it will work here too.

[edit]using %systemdrive%\path_to\winamp\msiexec.exe /i winamp.msi Xoptions doesn't work. it quits with an error saying it can not find msiexec.exe. gonna try it without the msiexec.exe /i[/edit]

quotes will work, if it was Xname="Some User" but "winamp.msi Xname=Some User" won't as, the MSI installer thinks USER is another parameter. But then problem arises that is might input the " as part of the string in Xname instead of Some User, which might cause problems (I'm thinking logically here, as I haven't actually tested it, but it's a forseeable error.

yes.....

it's

msiexec.exe /i %systemdrive%\path_to\winamp\winamp.msi

msiexec.exe is in the Windows\System32 directory I believe, and it's already set in PATH, so no path is needed.

here's the msiexec driven winamp script i used (under autoit) w/c worked for me:

RunWait("msiexec -i "winamp.msi Xname=Slipstreamed Xkey=ABCDE-FGHIJ-KLMNO-PQRST Xfull=1 /QN REBOOT=Suppress")

I just had my 8th run to test things, and not using msiexec.exe /i works fine too.

Just used /qn.

it should be fine without msiexec, but I always use msiexec just in case I move my code to a differnt position in setup, and the path's might not be setup yet to just use the MSI.

Also, I've done a bit of testing, Xname="User Name" works. If you find any problems let me, and I'll trace it down. I'm currently trying to work on a way to use an INI file, so you just include the switches in there, and bam, just in the commandline winamp.msi /qn and you're good.

Glad to hear that the quotes work for the "User Name". I do not run a registred version my self as I use Exact Audio Copy (for which I made a WinRAR SFX) and Xing MPEG Encoder v1.5 (old version but uses no registration and it can encose to VBR which I have not been able to do with the latest version).

I will edit my start.cmd to include the msiexec.exe /i for when I re-install Windows again. Atm it works great!

After 10 test runs.

• 2 weeks later...

the easiest way would be once you have it installed on a normal way, to then copy the winamp.ini file in your winamp directory to your CD, and then after installing Winamp, copy it back over.

I don't believe there is a option to choose skin yet.

Is there any word on the Media Library. I know it is a problem atm to install it, but it is really handy to me.

Having all albums or bunch of files in a seperate playlist controllerd via Media List is very handy.

i really should change that first post.

It should be fixed.....atleast I've had no problems...if you have any issues with a MSI you have, make sure you have the latest MSI in the first post. The link is near that top.