winamp 5.0.3a release!

XtremeMaC

I've updated teh link in the first post to my version. It's all the same, just a few bugfixes. Now there aren't two MSIs wondering around to confuse peopel.

Let me know if the errors are truly gone!!

Inclufing the Uninstall one.

they're in the VERY first post. The switches are the same.

Duh they are... I tried the example and get an error everytime saying invalid command line parameters. Here's what I have:

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Winamp\Winamp5.msi xfull=1 xname=User Name xkey=Key

DOES no one look at the first post?

msiexec.exe /i winamp.msi Xfull=1

would be install everyting

msiexec.exe /i winamp.msi Xname=INSERTNAME Xkey=INSERTKEY

would be for username and password, and combine them you get....

msiexec.exe /i winamp.msi Xfull=1 Xname=INSERTNAME Xkey=INSERTKEY

Is this correct?

p.s. i am not a programmer

reg add %Key%\070 /VE /D "Winamp 5.03 Full" /f

reg add %Key%\070 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\winamp\msiexec.exe /i winamp.msi Xfull=1 Xname=xxxx xxxx Xkey=xxxxxxxxxxxx /qn" /f

Somehow it isn't working really well. Not at all is a better description.

I downloaded the Winamp5.msi from the first page of this thread and I execute it like this:

msiexec.exe /i Winamp5.msi Xagent=1 Xintex=1 Xmodernskin=1 Xaudio=1 Xvisual=1 Xextra=1

The only thing that happens is that I get the setup screen. Funny thing though is that when I do a custom installation, everything is selected according to what I specify on the command line.

Am I missing something here, or is it just me?

Any help would be appreciated.

That's it? Reading from the first page I thought this was supposed to be a silent installation. Didn't think about using /qb or /qn at the end.

Thanks for the reply. I will start working on it.

the /qb or /qn makes it a silent install. The purpose of this MSI is to provide the functionality to let you select the components via commandline, as the original can only install EVERYTHING even if you don't want say video support.

I should point out, there is a SLIGHT bug with the registration, that atleast I have noticed.... there can't be a space in the User Name, which really sucks as most people use first and last name..... I'm working on a fix. Until then, you could just use a REG file right after or even before Winamp installation.

i think i will wait until all the bugs are all worked out. when i tried

to uninstall winamp bec. of an error that i kept receiving. The uninstall

process went into a loop and i could not uninstall or install over the precvious installation.

well, the old one needs to be removed before you install the one on the first post. I changed the codes that package uses to recognizes itself.

What errors did you get? Instead of just saying you got, do say what error, as I haven't recieved an error besides the Username thing.