winamp 5.0.3a release!

XtremeMaC

XtremeMaC

This is the worst news I've ever heard since I joined MSFN!

But, as they told you, that was caused by attack, not by legal issues.

I hope I could be able to download your last version of Winamp, soon.

Regards.

XtremeMaC was so friendly to mail me the file trough mail on his 56k , so the least I can do is make a mirror for it, so without further ado, you can grab the latest WinAMP msi file

here

One note tho, this is my webspace provided by my ISP, I do not know how badwidth hapy you ppls are, but I doubt they would appreciate too much traffic, I do not know how long it will be on, so if you got a website, place it tehre to, so we can do some load balancing :)

thanks.

Boran.

Uhm I don't want to be a smartass or something :)

But why not copy the files and add registry keys to associate te filetypes. than you have no problems when a new version of winamp comes out (happens quite often)

And since Winamp uses an INI file to store all it's settings you can customize your settings and copy it with your install

Here's what I did:

Made an install of Winamp on a PC copied the files that were changed into the $Progs dir on the unattended CD and imported the changed registry.

It also copys some px....dll files into the system32 dir these can be put into the $1\system32 dir.

I used WininstallLE to see wich files whent where and what registry values were changed.

Winamp503.REG

XtremeMaC

U R Right it's always a good thing when other ppl are doing te work for u :)

and I gave the uninstall some thoughts and added

REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Winamp /v DisplayName /d "Winamp (remove only)" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Winamp /v UninstallString /d "%SystemDrive%\Program Files\Winamp\UninstWA.exe" /f

To the batch.... hm on second thought... maybe better to put it in the reg file..

anywayz..

see wich one works best for u