winamp 5.0.3a release!

XtremeMaC

ummm...

the AOL Desktop Icon is NO WHERE in the MSI. So it's getting installed elsewhere.

trying installing it like

start /wait msiexec.exe /i %systemdrive%\install\Applications\WinAMP\WinAMP.msi xagent=1 xintex=1 xmodernskin=1 xaudio=1 xextra=1 xregopt=1 /qb

I stand corrected - the AOL icon is there already!!!! From some other program.

I'll try the other line now....

nope- still Classic skin. not all Audio extensions. No keyboard shortcuts.

No Agent.

It's like it isn't taking half the options!? Is there are specific order? Or is it case sensative? NOPE- capital X didn't make a difference.

BTW - THANKS FOR DOING THIS - I HOPE TO GET IT WORKING.

don't try doing it silent just yet.....

remove the /qb and try again, when you get to the screen saying Typical/Custom, select custom.

see what's selected there.

@trev:

if you're asking what's the difference between this one and the official, this one is just an MSI installer and not Nullsoft. if you're asking the difference between teh version versions of this MSI, just minor bug corrections in the MSI, such as adding the registraion INI file.

Thanx XtremeMaC!!!!!!!!! Really nice!!!!!!!!!!

Does someone knows how to backup winamp's settings? Copying the winamp.ini and studio.xnf doesnt seems to work...

Anyone knows?? thank you very much!

i think those are the only files where settings are saved. They're not saved in the registry.

CLASSIC SKIN ALL THE WAY! I have a finite number of resources, and I just can't afford to give Winamp 23 megs of my 1.5 gigs of ram.

Ok I figured out where the configs...

Their is winamp.ini, studio.xnf and for the media librairy (what I was looking for) in the file %programfiles%\winamp\plugins\gen_ml.ini

I've made a sfx with all those to backup my settings...

don't try doing it silent just yet.....

remove the /qb and try again, when you get to the screen saying Typical/Custom, select custom.

see what's selected there.

it shows what I've added with the switches - just the way I want it....but it doesn't seem to install them.

maybe its just me and what I expect....

where are you checking for it to be installe?

EDIT:

i just used the same line to test hte install that i gave you...

Agent installed, but it's not turned on by default, you have to do it in the preferences.

I don't see any Audio types missing from teh File Types list. Maybe you had another plugin to add to them before?

Again the Hotkeys are installed, just not enabled. You have to enable them.

Modern Skin you have to switch to, doesn't start in Modern.

let me say this - it isn't installing things I didn't want.

but when you go into the extension section (post-install) not all AUDIO extensions are highlighted.

same for keyboard shortcuts.

Within the CUSTOM installer - I select at the high-level for each section. I select AUDIO FILE SUPPORT.

It installs WinAMP Agent - but it doesn't enable it.

I think I've solved it by just configuring it after installation and then when I reinstall it with unattended - just have it copy the INI over.