Hard disk locked, enter password

In other words:  (my own interpretation of the problem)

"I have acquired an Acer s680g computer, with BIOS version P01-B0. but the hard drive is locked and I don't know the password.  Is there any way around this so I can either access the existing content, or at least reformat the drive and use it in a new install?"

Do I have that right?

Cheers and Regards

Maybe there is software that remove hard disk password.

Maybe. :unsure:

The point might be if that is a BIOS password or a hard disk password (ATA password).

If it is a BIOS password, the contents of the disk are likely encrypted and/or any other hard disk replacing the one currently in the machine won't be accessible.

It is possible (but not very likely) that a procedure to remove the password exists, but (it depends on specific make/model) as an example a number of laptops use a dedicated chip to it, and the chip needs to be replaced (by de-soldering it and replacing it weith a "blank" one).

If it is an ATA password, depending on make/model of the hard disk and the security level of the password it may be possible to reset it (keeping the data in the hard disk) or remove it (losing all data in the hard disk).

jaclaz