Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

dencorso

Newest Adobe Flash and Shockwave, and Java, too!

2 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Oh right, I thought it had always worked for me, at least in Firefox.
I've just checked and it's all working fine in Firefox 52.9.0 ESR with Flash version 32.0.0.114, and I'm pretty sure it did on all previous versions too.
IE8 on the other hand has always had a problem in recent times displaying the version and the Flash animation itself on my system.
I just see white spaces where they should be, not even empty boxes!
Flash is working on other test pages in IE though.
:)

Ironically, for me IE8 is the only browser where the Version Information window DID work. Didn't work in Basilisk, Opera 12.18, or IE 11 on Win 7.

18 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

where the Version Information window DID work. Didn't work in Basilisk

... Works here for me with roytam1's Serpent 52.9.0 32-bit browser:

xmaIPpb.jpg

Flash animation successfully shown for a second, but the still ad picture that replaces it afterwards is hidden (by default) by enabled uB0; if I disable uB0 on that page and reload,

QkJaGRU.jpg

FWIW, alternative Flash Player check page, also courtesy of Adobe (HTTPS only...):

KxaeyUm.jpg

To clarify, it works fine now; as @bluebolt pointed out, Adobe finally fixed the thing. It didn't work last month, or for several months before, on most browsers on either XP or Win 7. At least not for me; I guess not for @bluebolt either. The only exception for me where it did work before this month was IE8!

• Like 1