Adobe Flash, Shockwave, and Oracle Java on XP (Part 1)

dencorso

It's a Pentium III-E, which, as clearly shown by CPU-Z, has no SSE2 support whatsoever. :no:
Then again, as I've already said, only the linux (or maybe it and the Solaris one, too) version of Flash requires SSE2, since v. 11.1.x.x.
The Windows versions do not need SSE2 to run at all, up to now, as you've just demonstrated! :yes:

On 12/18/2016 at 7:00 PM, heinoganda said:

First close Google Chrome, copy from "%windir%\system32\Macromed\Flash" the files "pepflashplayer32_24_0_0_186.dll" and "manifest.json" to the User Profile from Google Chrome
" \Documents and Settings\$USER$\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\24.0.0.186\"
and rename "pepflashplayer32_24_0_0_186.dll" to "pepflashplayer.dll". Starting Google Chrome again.

Note:
Is also recognized by Google Chrome as version 24.0.0.186! (chrome://flash or chrome://components)

:)

Heinoganda

Thank you for the proper instructions. I have given you credit for this, and provided a simplified method for less technical users here:

http://sdfox7.com/chromexp2.htm#UPDATE 4/14/2016

@sdfox7

First Merry Christmas, small addition, the directory name "\Documents and Settings\$USER$\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\UserData\PepperFlash\XX.X.X.XXX\" corresponds to the version of the newer Flashplayer. Not delete the older Flashplayer in profile, at the next start from Google Chrome the newer Flashplayer detected and the older version is automatically deleted.

I have created a Google Chrome Installer (7z SFX Builder), where even more up-to-date, functional components (such as translators, Flashplayer ...) and does not need any more Google Update installed. Furthermore, no message (windows XP and Vista no longer supported) more, even if a local pdf or html with Google Chrome is opened! If there is interest in a test, send me a PM.

still doesnt work for me here

a other program is updating the path for the Flash, ( maybe the update module ) but i dont have it w/e if its that program or another

to avoid writing too much on the system disk (SSD), Chrome 49 Portable is running from "R:" ( ram drive ) with the command:

R:\Chrome\chrome.exe --user-data-dir=R:\Chrome\Chrome.Profile --disable-infobars

even after i create the location with the file at C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\24.0.0.186

the flash is still at version 21

i tryed installing the lastest flash, didnt help

the best for me is to put it back like before, inside is own directory /49.0.2623.112/PepperFlash/ ( not predefined on C: )

so i wonder if someone know if i could modify where chrome search for the file ? or what's updating the location of the flash ?

thx if anyone can help with this

@WeAreTheBorg

If your user profile of Google Chrome is present on drive "R:", the two files should be inserted in "R:\Chrome\Chrome.Profile\PepperFlash\24.0.0.186".
The reference to the User profile I have given, by means of the start parameters of "chrome.exe --user-data-dir=R:\Chrome\Chrome.Profile" is clearly seen!

Edited by heinoganda

On 12/19/2016 at 2:42 PM, vwestlife said:

Off-topic, but I got a scare a few days ago when I went to install Flash Player 24 on my 2007 MacBook running Mac OS X 10.7.5 (the highest it supports), and the download page stated that OS X 10.9 or higher is required! I thought Adobe had ended support for older Mac OS versions even before they ended support for Windows XP and Vista.

But then the next day, the Flash Player update notification pop-up came up, and I was able to successfully download and install Flash Player 24 on OS X 10.7.5. The download page now no longer says that any specific Mac OS version is required, either, even though Adobe's Tech Specs page still says that 10.9 or higher is required:

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/tech-specs.html

Also notable is that they finally brought the Linux NPAPI version of Flash Player up to the current release, instead of being stuck with the 11.x "Extended Support Release". (They also recently ended the ESR for the Windows and Mac OS NPAPI plugin.)

I also wanted to note that there is no hard block on the OS for Flash Player. I suppose Adobe just isn't guaranteeing support for the older OSes. As I noted in another post yesterday, Flash Player 24.0.0.186 works just fine on Windows 2000 with the Gurgelmeyer 5.1.2195.24 and UURollup.

w2kfp24_1.jpg

w2kfp48.jpg

Yes, I've tried that, and it works (a bit clunky, but it works) on 2000.

Also, JDK 8u117 works! Sorry, no screenshots to back it up, but I have installed it, and with a bunch of consternation, it does complete, and the end result is workable.

c

On 1/5/2017 at 0:22 AM, cc333 said:

Yes, I've tried that, and it works (a bit clunky, but it works) on 2000.

Also, JDK 8u117 works! Sorry, no screenshots to back it up, but I have installed it, and with a bunch of consternation, it does complete, and the end result is workable.

c

Please do let me know how you got Java 8 working.

It's possible just the JDK 8 works on 2000, because when I tried the JRE it failed to install. Are you using an updated kernel other than the UURollup?

On 1/5/2017 at 10:02 PM, sdfox7 said:

Please do let me know how you got Java 8 working.

It's possible just the JDK 8 works on 2000, because when I tried the JRE it failed to install. Are you using an updated kernel other than the UURollup?

I used the latest BWC Extended Core + Extended Kernel + all available updates (including the USP5 and UURollup).

Notepad++ also works, although it's a bit clunky (and the toolbar appears to be broken).

c

Flash Player Version 24.0.0.194 has been released!

The Internet Explorer ActiveX plugin is available here: http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/24.0.0.194/install_flash_player_ax.exe
The NPAPI for Firefox is available here: http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/24.0.0.194/install_flash_player.exe

Currently, the Flash Player for Opera or Chromium (install_flash_player ppapi.exe) version v24.0.0.194 can be used!
Tested with Google Chrome v49.0.2623.112.

Installation Info for Google Chrome:

Spoiler

First close Google Chrome, copy from "%windir%\system32\Macromed\Flash" the files "pepflashplayer32_24_0_0_194.dll" and "manifest.json" to the User Profile from Google Chrome
" \Documents and Settings\$USER$\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\24.0.0.194\"
and rename "pepflashplayer32_24_0_0_194.dll" to "pepflashplayer.dll". Starting Google Chrome again.

Note:
Is also recognized by Google Chrome as version 24.0.0.194! (chrome://flash or chrome://components)

Edited by heinoganda