Windows Server 2003 r2 multiple discs into 1

Windows Server 2003 r2 standard (sp1) comes with 2(CD) discs for installation. Can I copy them all into 1 folder, boot up nlite, add SP2, and make a single .ISO for DVD?

Only issue when I copy and paste them both into 1 folder is that there are now 2 autoruns.

Edited by Threshold

AUTORUN.INF on R2 CD#2 points to a different EXE file (R2AUTO.EXE). Therre's a reason for that.

You should read the contents of the R2 CD#2 "DOCS" Folder, explaining that if you've already installed SP1 then you need only install CD#2 using your provided R2 Product Key to allow for "upgrade" to use the New R2 Facilities (AFAICT). Read in particular "R2SETUP.CHM". It appears that a Clean Install would really not care about the AUTORUN.INF/R2AUTO.EXE. :unsure:

You're also aware that Srv2K3 is EOL July 14, right?

This is for personal use. EOL will have no effect on what I'm using this to process.

I don't think I've exactly extracted an answer from you've said either.
Could I put them together and make a single DVD? I need SP2. I will not be installing SP1, thats actually the reason I'm doing this. Dell SBUU requires SP2 for this install.

Edited by Threshold

Yes, they can be combined to fit on one DVD. First, copy the contents of CD1 to a folder on your hard drive. Then copy the contents of CD2 to the same folder. Allow any common files to be overwritten.

The new unified source should boot and install as before. The only difference is that now, at first logon, you will be prompted to install R2 from the same media by a wizard--which does not take long.

Edited by 5eraph

Agreed - for a Clean (booted) Install. But please note my comments about the "Autorun.inf" and note what they do after Install. Each EXE displays selections differently. I would suggest *not* overlaying CD#1 one with CD#2 one. You can always copy the CD#2 one as a different name just-for-fun/to-retain.