The Windows 10 RTM

mikedigitize

My understanding is that (for non-insiders) they're going to download it well in advance of "the day", and it will sit dormant. 

Will people notice the extra 3GB of .ESD file that will be sitting around somewhere?  Almost certainly.  Some may even learn how to make an ISO from it and get it installed.

It's already available to insiders.

Downloading.png

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

My computer is downloading TH1 Professional 10240 right now, and I fully expect it to reboot and install when it is finished downloading.  Based on the latest Windows Insider Blog post, I believe we are getting RTM (or something very close to it) two weeks in advance.

Edited by Techie007

They've changed the clock on the taskbar again, back to a single line, time only.

That was something I liked having, date and time... you can still have it, but not with small icons set.

Still they know not of choice.

I have not found a way to put it back. Probably it can't, its specifically not in settings.. and there are a number of settings.

Looks like they also removed most of the blur from the taskbar.. its more transperant than the action menu or start.

Weird.

-sean

Edited by ralcool

Vinifera, tell us how you really feel.  Holding back is unhealthy.  :w00t:

You have to admit, Win 10 build 10240 is simply the greatest thing since...  Build 10166.  :angel

-Noel

It's a pipeline.  Every indication is that 10240 is the release for the end of July.

Microsoft doesn't stop work and wait and see what happens when the current version releases.

-Noel

So, this 10240 is a rtm or pre-rtm? (cmd shows as "10.0.10240").

Aeroglass, in this build, works only if you close dwm.exe (rebooting) and if you don't touch windows.

Probably as the debug symbols for this build aren't avaiable (for what I know)

:)

According to Microsoft, there is no RTM.  Seriously, they claim the term no longer applies.  To me that implies they no longer care to verify the functionality of their software before unleashing it on the public.  We'll see how well that goes.

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/4797/no-rtm-for-windows-10-microsoft-says

That being said, it's pretty much agreed that 10240 is the build that's going to appear on people's systems, though no one outside of Microsoft can say for sure.

Actually, the debug symbols for 10240 ARE available.

Aero Glass doesn't work because the version available for download was never engineered to work with 10240.  We can only hope that Big Muscle is having good luck working around the various new roadblocks Microsoft has thrown into their system to thwart anyone doing what he does.  Microsoft clearly does NOT want people to "have it their way".

-Noel