Windows Insider Survey Requires Personal Information

NoelC

Heh, I got an eMail message from Microsoft requesting I complete a short survey.

It explicitly states, "Survey results are anonymous unless you choose to provide your name".

First page of the survey, in ridiculously large fonts, requires entry of a bunch of personal information before continuing.

MicrosoftSurvey.png

And no, it's not possible to get past that first page without entering anything, or even partial data.

So...

• Is this just Microsoft being downright stupid?

• A phishing attack based on theft of the insider database?

-Noel

It is deep Human Rights Violation. If it is really Windows, then they does not recognize any kind of laws.

But this may be also some kind of fraud. 

I would advise to be careful, or not at all to answer if there asked such strange things.

You can be sure I am not going to be entering any of those things just for the "privilege" of filling out a survey!

Well :unsure:, someone could say that you were given an opportunity to contribute to change the future :w00t: and you didn't take it .... :whistle:

jaclaz

Well :unsure:, someone could say that you were given an opportunity to contribute to change the future :w00t: and you didn't take it .... :whistle:

Right.  I changed it to a future with 0.0023% less chance my data will be taken.

I already let Microsoft know what I thought about Win 10.  Even though I didn't overtly break any rules, they focused on my use, exactly twice, of the term "Metrotard App" and chose to ban me from the place where insiders discuss what they think of Win 10.

I have also let them know - many times - what I think about Win 10 via their Feedback App, among other avenues for providing input.  I'm pretty sure they have applied some of that feedback, which surely I wasn't the only one providing.  For example, I now see clarification in the build 10159 wording about what the peer to peer file sharing settings do regarding outgoing communications in Windows Updates.

Mostly I posted this thread to let people know not to be blindsided by an obvious attempt to glean personal info.

-Noel

I used a junk email (yahoo) to fill out the survey it did not really relate to anything "Windows" it felt like a test you take when you start a psyc class. Then I think it redirected me to some kind of ad site at the end.

edit: also at the end it did try to get more personal information from you. they wanted to contact you later I am assuming a telephone call. I closed out at that point.

Edited by helpdesk98