StartIsBack++ 2.9

Tihiy

Before upgrading to 11 should I uninstall Startisback 2.9.15 first or just install 11 and update to preview 2 afterwards? Cheers

Also will the new version require re-licensing?

Edited by Ryrynz

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to remove the ad for the Win11 version from StartIsBack++?

I'm using the WinAero Tweaker registry hack to restore the Win10 taskbar, so it's correct that I'm using the Win10 version of StartIsBack, but I'd rather not get nagged about the new release

Yeah I've since realised that StartAllBack does taskbar as well (looks like it uses the same registry hack) and improves on it, so I've gone down that route instead. Combined with 7+ Taskbar Tweaker to reduce the minimum width of a vertical taskbar it's really nice.

Only question now is: I love the new 100% transparent taskbar that the dynamic transparency option gives you, but is there a way to have it 100% transparent all the time, rather than have it come back when a program is maximised?

It doesn't quite go all the way to fully transparent.

I guess combined with dynamic transparency its barely noticible, but it's still there. Plus you still get the ugly white line when using the Win7 style.

Edited by Lum

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this Tihiy. I've always liked StartIsBack, but StartAllBack is your best work yet. It's a beautiful start menu, not to mention the very nice task bar and notification area fixes. Thanks to StartAllBack, I'm enjoying having Windows 11 on my four systems (a duel-boot desktop with Windows 11 Insider and Public Release, a laptop and a tablet). Now if you could fix Edge to enable permanent pinning, resizing, and moving favorites to the left side of the screen like we could do with Internet Explorer, life would be great. You could call the new software BackToTheEdge and you'd sell millions. But anyway, thanks for all your hard work. It's very much appreceiated.

Edited by CompUser

The only small fix I want from StartIsBack++ for Windows 10 is make the Windows 7 style date flyout close with a click again if it's open. :)) On StartAllBack it works correctly but not on StartIsBack++.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell]
"UseWin32TrayClockExperience"=dword:00000001

Edited by xpclient

• 4 weeks later...

I have mixed Start 11 with StartAllBack, the rsult can you see here.

Diskussion - Umstieg auf Windows 11 | Seite 6 | Dr. Windows (drwindows.de)

Thread 119

My Picture is to Big for here, only 17,43 kb

Edited by aubai3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

these is a bug with startisback++, when updating Edge chromium there is a link created into the UWP apps submenu for edge without icon.:

Sans titre.jpg

Edge chromium is not an UWP apps.

Thanks.

Edited by wmn

• 10 months later...

StartIsBack++ 2.9.18 :wacko:

- Fixed M sized icons mix up

- Fixed jumplist icons, texts for new MS Store

- Fixed news & interests not styled with new updates

- Fixed All Programs unexpectedly launching

- Support for PowerButtonAction policy

- RTL fixes

- Fixed crashes when out of resources

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I was trying startisback 2.9.19 on Windows 10 LTSC 2021 iot 64bit  and I can't get  UseWin32TrayClockExperience to work ! I always get the new ugly black calendar ! not the old analog clock+calendar ;o(

It works with LTSC 2019 64bits!

EDIT : after a sfc /scannow the old clock reg started to work !! I guess it was something broken !

Edited by francesfamer

I'm not sure if this is a bug? I get "Hold Escape key to prevent StartlsBack from loading" when running the configuration. 
Although the configuration can operate normally, the pop-up speed of the window is slow, especially in the virtual machine. I'm pretty sure 2.9.17 doesn't have this problem.

Edited by pds11347