StartIsBack++ 2.9

Tihiy

This is Windows 10 Pro 64-bit at version 20H2.

When I uninstall StartIsBack then the start menu and taskbar colors match the window border colors perfectly.

When I reinstall StartIsBack again the colors on the start menu and taskbar are darker again.

Before the 20H2 and the 2.9.9 the colors matched, at least I noticed right away after the upgrade to 2.9.9 that they didn't.

I can adjust the StartIsBack color selection using custom colors to match the window border but I'd rather not have to without custom colors enabled or to have a check box or something to optionally make them match. That would be a lot easier to set one time.

Is there somewhere that describes what the Blur and Acrylic styles do? I don't seem to see a difference but I am not using transparency and am probably not using them right.

Thanks again :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

StartIsBack++ 2.9.10

- Support for KB5001391

- Support for News & Interests

- Improved search bar and search results styling

- Custom Apps folder icon

- Removed 'Windows Tools' shortcut from All apps on Insider Dev

- Fixed gibberish updated modern apps jumplist items

- Some minor fixes

Edited by Tihiy

• 2 weeks later...

StartIsBack++ 2.9.12

- Fixed names and icons for broken metro apps

- Fixed degradation crash with broken shortcuts in start menu

- Improved compatibility with Fences and WindowBlinds

- Minor context menus tweak

On 5/4/2021 at 1:41 AM, Tihiy said:

StartIsBack++ 2.9.12

Any idea about how to change the background color of the search textbox from black back to white? :worship:

Thank you.

capture.png

On 5/8/2021 at 6:08 PM, shun said:

Any idea about how to change the background color of the search textbox from black back to white? :worship:

Thank you.

In the program directory\Styles there are msstyles files that can be edited with i.e Windows Style Builder to accomplish this, I believe. It's not exactly user-friendly though but if you're willing to learn...

I had a question of my own so I'll add it here instead of double posting. Is there any way to completely remove the right side of the start menu (navigation pane)? I'm able to change the color of "Lock" to at least hide that part but then I'll have this big empty space with no real use. I'd rather remove it completely and only keep the programs menu.

Capture123.JPG

Edit: I managed to get really, really close by changing the font type and color. I also stumbled across this thread which helped a lot:

Still wouldn't mind to hear if there are any other ideas or tweaks that I've missed.

Edited by Waddax
Adding progress

• 2 weeks later...

Nah. StartIsBack++ 2.9.13

- Support for 18363.1593 / 19043.1023

- Return ctrl-backspace handling for search box

- Return light styling for search box unless dark apps mode

- Hidden totally broken metro apps

- Added proper taskbar focus highlight on taskbar buttons

- Optimized graphics performance

- Updated translations

Edited by Tihiy

Maybe a bug of the 2.9.13 version. The icons in tray disappears: windows 21H1 build SO 19043.1023
If I enter and exit with OK the StartIsBack++ preferences the icons returns  for a while and after few minutes disappears again.

image.png.30a1aed09fd0edeeb30b3e7a4be79e38.png

image.png.ae3eb0cc8cfd7eb773e93f9d11496357.png

23 hours ago, Tihiy said:

How does they 'disappear'?

Sorry I forgot to upload the other screenshot where the right part of the tray below the StartIsBack++ window was completely emplty (even the clock and the notification icon).