StartIsBack++ 2.9

Tihiy

1 hour ago, sadeghimahdi1374 said:

Hi dear
My Starter is attached when Windows starts.
Entering the settings and clicking OK will solve the problem, but after the restart, the problem will remain again. I think there is a problem with Windows fonts. can you help me?

Untitled.jpg

https://www.hellotech.com/guide/for/how-to-enable-dark-mode-in-windows-10

Disregard - Startisback wasn't set to display the start icon.

--------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10 updated over night and removed Startisback++

I downloaded and installed current version of Startisback and configured it as before (configuration was lost) but the Startisback start button doesn't appear in bottom left of the screen and the Win 10 start button isn't there either.

Nothing in Defender logs to suggest what is happening.

Anyone else seen this?

Edited by Barking up the wrong tree
Updated

• 2 weeks later...

Feature suggestion on the back of the change made here:

Version ++2.9.3 «Medium Update» 30 August 2020

Medium and large icon sizes for pinned / All programs lists

Colorized default start button and All programs scrollbar

Whilst this is a great feature overall, it looks pretty bad in my opinion if you have a darker accent colour.  See the attached screenshot for some examples.

I feel like the Windows flag is just too dark.  Would it be possible to have a setting that lets you pick a "hover" colour for the start button?  I normally use a dark theme but would like the start button to be a lighter colour, but as far as I can tell, the only way to achieve this is to change the accent colour, which also affects title bars (the only other option here would be for them to be white) and/or the taskbar.

Dark Accent Colours.png

On 10/18/2020 at 1:26 PM, Tihiy said:

I do not believe there is an issue. If you want monstrous and slow context menus, hold shift when right-clicking.

Now that is hilarious!  Customization is a virtue, and the default Start Menu is anything but slow!

• 4 weeks later...

StartIsBack++ 2.9.8

- Fixed Run as admin missing for Store apps

- Fixed taskbar skinning / perks not working with language bar on

- Fixed icons missing in Windows Terminal jump list

- NoMetro registry key to disable immersive shell

- Restricted right pane context menu; returned 'Send to' to All Programs menu

- Uninstall metro apps for all users

- Support for first 21H2 build

Any plans to add taskbar reflection? Like the shine it has in Windows 7? As an option of course, and the possibility of restoring the classic network flyout and system tray from windows 7?

this is an example of what both are plus taskbar reflection, im not sure if it's depending on the build of windows 7? these threee images together are edited together since I don't have a copy of windows 7 (which is why the language is different around the clock area), I just put them together just to see how they'd look side by side

test.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/1/2021 at 11:46 AM, dalton2192 said:

Any plans to add taskbar reflection? Like the shine it has in Windows 7? As an option of course, and the possibility of restoring the classic network flyout and system tray from windows 7?

this is an example of what both are plus taskbar reflection, im not sure if it's depending on the build of windows 7? these threee images together are edited together since I don't have a copy of windows 7 (which is why the language is different around the clock area), I just put them together just to see how they'd look side by side

test.png

The option to get taskbar reflection from Windows 7 already exists, if you download and apply the AeroSquared theme from the Startisback website or click this link http://startisback.com/styles/AeroSquared.msstyles I dont think its possible to get the classic network flyout and system tray from Windows 7 though.

image.png.7f5ab6052088c9953d780725f617b5da.png any ideas how to fix? my custom logo overlaps with default windows logo and enters the windows 10 start.

edit: also, when i save a setting it fixes the problem, but it's still here after restart.

Edited by konto7

On 1/1/2021 at 1:46 PM, dalton2192 said:

test.png

I'd also love to see these features!

• 2 weeks later...