StartIsBack++ 2.9

Tihiy

Hello,

I have windows 10 1809, and enabled this GPO, I would just have Change user and Disconnect

image.png.cec96199d3d88ddabd013160ead3e1d6.png

After reboot, i have needed options:

image.png.3bf1c38db042fb1c0b5da7a89258e5e2.png

But i cant have Change user as default button while in StartisBack, this is the default setting.

image.png.c925df9cefb8ac62187abd1c63a21e3a.png

Can you look at this ?

Thanks you

Hi. Using latest version 2.7.3 on windows 1809 and it seems that store and display recently opened items is not honoured. Can you take a look to see if it's windows bug or startisback bug because it shows disabled in both but it still displays recently opened items? Thanks

EDIT: Noticed word and explorer doesn't do it but chrome,sumatra and potplayer do. Weird.

Edited by Gvmv5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, Tihiy. Can you add "Use classical drive grouping in This PC", "Hide caption text in File Explorer windows", "Hide caption icon in File Explorer windows" functions from OldNewExplorer to StartIsBack++? It will be great.

• 4 weeks later...

Would it possible to add a Dark Mode to the styles in StartIsBack+ (Windows 8.1) like you have for StartIsBack++ (Windows 10)? The start screen is entirely unusable in 8.1 and with the dark theme I'm using the white start menu background sticks out like a sore thumb.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the excellent new additions. About the centered taskbar icons option: it seems the tray icons are not taken into account when centering. If you have lots of tray icons, the centered icons will be close to the tray icons and they don't really look centered, since the distance between tray icons/start button is not equal.

The suggestion is for an option to take tray icons into account (if possible, obviously) so that the taskbar icons actually look centered, instead of just being in the center of the taskbar.

Edited by Amigafever

I have an issue with shutdown button. Now I don't get fast startup on next boot after shutdown. I notice this after turn on my laptop, my battery mode always on normal instead of battery saver on startup. It didn't happen on some previous release IIRC, I don't know when it started though. I tried uninstall SIB++, shutdown from windows button, next boot I get fast startup back.

SIB++ 2.8.4, Win 10 x64 1703

Sorry, didn't check earlier there is new releasev 2.8.5. Thanks for this :)

Edited by rocky

I just upgraded from 2.7.2 to 2.8.5, does anyone else have the problem that "All Programs" now opens automatically whenever the Start Menu is opened?

Edited by SkyySX

21 hours ago, SkyySX said:

I just upgraded from 2.7.2 to 2.8.5, does anyone else have the problem that "All Programs" now opens automatically whenever the Start Menu is opened?

It happens only when pinned and recent list is empty.

19 hours ago, Tihiy said:

It happens only when pinned and recent list is empty.

Okay that makes sense as intended behavior I suppose. I always keep the list empty and added a logo there for customization purposes but that was an easy "fix" on my end now. I simply pinned a shortcut with an empty icon and ALT+255 as the name :P

Edited by SkyySX

@Tihiy I have a question, I'm testing Windows 10 Build 1903 in a VM at the moment and love the new default-look of the Windows Taskbar when I use the new native Bright theme. The problem is, once I use a custom-theme with UltraUX ThemePatcher, StartIsBack automatically uses the taskbar of the custom-theme with no chance to use the default Windows 10 taskbar again. I tried to work around this by copying the default Windows 10 aero.msstyles into the Styles folder of StartIsBack, then I could select a "aero" theme for the Taskbar but it was still only the Taskbar of the custom-theme installed via UltraUX ThemePatcher. Is there any chance of StartIsBack using the default Windows 10 taskbar when using a custom-theme or is this impossible?