StartIsBack++ 2.9

Tihiy

On 3/27/2017 at 6:25 PM, Viper6 said:

Just installed 2.0.1

How do I get rid of the "Display as a menu" option when right-clicking?

Thanks so much for moving 'Properties' back to the bottom of that menu in 2.0.5, much much better!

I really appreciate it :)

Edited by Viper6

Loving the new version, I've been adding all the taskbar features to some imported themes. If I could request one thing it would be to have the classic pop up clock that would read a timedate.cpl file with custom clock images. Something I can confirm is the taskbar always reverting to the default after every refresh of wsb testing mode or changing of themes. Both the taskbar skin and start orb selection are effected by this. Thanks for your work!

How to add glass reflection image (so called Aero Stripes) like in Windows 7 to taskbar? To window frames they works after adding intansity of "Glass reflection intansity" option in AeroGlass GUI by BM. But I don't see them on taskbar.

2 hours ago, CKyHC said:

How to add glass reflection image (so called Aero Stripes) like in Windows 7 to taskbar? To window frames they works after adding intansity of "Glass reflection intansity" option in AeroGlass GUI by BM. But I don't see them on taskbar.

StartIsBack++ does not support Aero Glass. AeroSquared skin has stripes http://startisback.com/styles/AeroSquared.msstyles

On 13/04/2017 at 5:58 PM, Tihiy said:

I'll try to fix this.

I won't try to fix this.

Thanks for the new version, first bug is fixed now, just wondering why the context menu bug cant be though, this affects all themes, even the default one, all other sub menus work fine aside from that toolbar one.

On 16.04.2017 at 1:07 PM, Tihiy said:

StartIsBack++ does not support Aero Glass. AeroSquared skin has stripes http://startisback.com/styles/AeroSquared.msstyles

Perfomed some tests today. Summary:

1. AeroSquared style from your link doesn't have stripes. I opened it in WSB and DWMWindow class not contain reflection image.

2. Even adding DWMWindow class with reflection image to this style not enabled stripes not on taskbar not on SiB menu.

3. Stripes on taskbar appears when main theme style contains reflection image. Therefore, SiB reads reflection image from main theme style, not from SiB styles.

4. Stripes on SiB menu didn't work at any case.

5. Stripes on taskbands didn't work too. Or they intansity too low to see them.

DWMWindow is processed by DWM, not apps. StartIsBack++ does not support Aero Glass nor any special stripes mechanism.

AeroSquared has stripes only on taskbar.

2 hours ago, Tihiy said:

DWMWindow is processed by DWM, not apps. StartIsBack++ does not support Aero Glass nor any special stripes mechanism.

AeroSquared has stripes only on taskbar.

But why I can't find stripes in AeroSquared.style file? I opened it via Windows Style Builder, and I find only stripes on borders of taskbands, but they a too low saturated to be noticed... How stripes can be in AeroSquared.style if there is no reflection image in it? And only when I add reflection image to DWMWindow class in my theme style I can see stripes on taskbar. I tried to use AeroSquared.style for taskbar and no stripes on it...

I apologize for importunity... Maybe I don't understand something... Maybe SiB reproduce stripes not through image, but any other way... But why they don't work for me?

P.S. Yes! I find them! 2 or 3 stripes was behind my pinned icons. But why they so weak? How I can make them stronger? And where is the image of them to edit?

P.P.S. It's strange that system tray icons moves stripes to left on taskbar. I have many tray icons and stripes moves bihind my pinned to taskbar icons... Therefore, in my free space on taskbar (it's on the center of taskbar) I don't have any stripe...

Edited by CKyHC

You can have stripes only when/if SIB++ supports Aero Glass. Otherwise you can only have them drawn into skin but they won't look consistent.

Edited by Tihiy

5 hours ago, Tihiy said:

You can have stripes only when/if SIB++ supports Aero Glass. Otherwise you can only have them drawn into skin but they won't look consistent.

As I understand, there is no way to have stripes on taskbar same as in Windows 7? It's sad...

Is curious how in some insider builds of windows 10 aeroglassGUI is able to regulate the intensity of stripes on taskbar and  SIB++ Start menu, but only works on insiders builds:

9bccaeadf316a340f8b8a8770826a9256b7a51d8

933f7b7172b2122db252f35c7186412a96e4416c

Edited by carlitosoo555

10 minutes ago, carlitosoo555 said:

Is curious how in some insider builds of windows 10 aeroglassGUI is able to regulate the intensity of stripes on taskbar and  SIB++ Start menu, but only works on insiders builds:

Maybe bigmuscle can adapt Aero Glass to provide glass and stripes on accented windows. That would solve problems without kludging.

In other news, 2.0.6 is out:

- Added 'Display as menu' for All programs button context menu

- Fixed incorrect taskbar icons

10 hours ago, Tihiy said:

But can't you make support for Aero Glass in SiB?