StartIsBack++ 2.9

Tihiy

Hi, First thanks for your work

There's a problem not sure if it's SIB problem or not

The recent used programs keep resting every few day's and i have to remove what i don't need every time, this problem been there for longtime and i was hoping to get fixed in last version but it's still there

Except that i don't have any other problem

Thanks

9 hours ago, 1024x768 said:

This is still testing positive as a Trojan in Windows 10. Hard pass on the new version. 

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/a546610ef1e7fe7defcf03dc0dc4d034969d4517e8d46388115756753856adf4/analysis/

It seems to me it would be better if you waste your time sending VBA32 false positive reports, not spamming this thread.

@1024x768

To clarify (if needed) VirusTotal is an "aggregator" of antivirus engines, it lists a large number of them, some really of doubtful quality and/or of very limited diffusion.

Each and every antivirus will use its own "method" to determine if a file is a risk or not,  and it very often happens that one or two of the "minor" ones (but sometimes it happen also for "mainsteream ones such as - say - NOD32, Avast, Avira, Bitdefender, etc.) mark a "new" file as dangerous even when it is perfectly clean, and particularly with new releases of installers it is rare to get 0/60.

The Virus Total user is expected to analyze the result and decide if the file is to be trusted (because 59 out of 60 antivirus engines consider it clean) or if it is not to be trusted (because a single antivirus engine out of sixty marks it as "dangerous").

Additionally in the case of tools like StartisBack, which Author is a long standing, well-known member of the Community, the only thing to do is to check that the file you have has been downloaded correctly and without modification from the Author's repository, i.e. you should trust the Author and his reputation much more than anything a stupid antivirus engine may believe.

jaclaz

Hi i am using this useful program from Windows 8, but in the version ++ 2.0.1 for windows 10 i see the colors aren't same for istance in the default Windows 10 Theme

the menu and app bar was darker Blue, now it's lighter, to correct the problem i need to do the menu trasparent. can you reset as first i loved it

Please add the following things:

- Classic context menu

right-click-app-icon-and-tap-pin-this-pr

- Classic calendar + volume (maybe allow W8.1 files to load?) because they are present there as dll's. I think.

KdcqzbP.png

This would allow EnableSIHostIntegration to work correctly.

Edited by nullvoid

If you change the start menu icon the right click power user menu launches up the top of the screen.
This happened before 2.0 as well, nobody mentioned this? Pretty obvious bug.

12 hours ago, Ryrynz said:

If you change the start menu icon the right click power user menu launches up the top of the screen.
This happened before 2.0 as well, nobody mentioned this? Pretty obvious bug.

I have mentioned it, as well as about 10 other users.

On 28/03/2017 at 8:11 AM, Viper6 said:

The option doesn't bother me so much, however the placement of it does.

I am used to clicking on Start Menu -> right-clicking on 'This PC' and then clicking on 'Properties' which is always at the BOTTOM of the list of options. Now the BOTTOM option has been changed to 'Display as menu'. Is there a way to re-order that menu or hide 'display as menu'. I just want 'Properties' to be the last option in that list as it has always been.

+1 I was about to post the same thing, I am used to right click > then hit the last "Properties" option, that new "Display as menu" option is off-putting, please either give an option to disable it (Not really needed anyway tbh) or move it higher up

Properties is always the last option on right click context menus in Windows, changing it is not great

In versions 2.0 and 2.0.1 didn't work scroll buttons for selecting menu and taskbar styles.

And what about adding possibility to select 2nd style of Start menu for Ctrl+Win combination...

StartIsBack++ 2.0.2

http://www.startisback.com/StartIsBackPlusPlus_setup.exe

(Not marked as beta since apparantly nobody installs beta versions)

+ Taskbar icons margins can be optionally increased now

- Ability to open SIB menu via Ctrl+Win is restored

- Style scroller is working in UI

- 'Pin to Start menu' context menu item is removed if SIB start menu is not used

- 'Pin to Start' context menu item is correctly removed on 1703

- Start button context menu no longer unexpectedly shown in top left corner. How come

- 'Display as menu' context menu item is moved before Properties

- Text on vertical taskbar icons won't be shown if taskbar is too narrow

- Allowed taskbar tweaking in high contrast mode

- Obscure NoStyleCache registry setting to disable style caching

This version addresses all feedback received since 2.0 release.

Edited by Tihiy

Thanks for the update Tihiy, I never got a response about the problem I mentioned on the beta though about needing to restart explorer after changing custom themes, when I select a different theme in the personalization menu the taskbar turns blank and only the show desktop button is shown, I have to restart explorer for the taskbar to display fully again.

On 28/03/2017 at 3:18 PM, MrGRiM said:

Seems to be a problem when selecting the classic context menu but only on the toolbars sub menu.

10crfcl.jpg

I also never had a response to this bug I mentioned with the context menu using the classic setting.

3 hours ago, MrGRiM said:

needing to restart explorer after changing custom themes

I'll try to fix this.

3 hours ago, MrGRiM said:

this bug I mentioned with the context menu using the classic setting

I won't try to fix this.

We tested the new version startbarck ++ 2.0.2
Be perfect!
Thanks for reading our comments! It is always a pleasure to help.

Testamos a nova versão startbarck ++ 2.0.2
Estar perfeito!
Obrigado por ler os nossos comentários! É sempre um prazer ajudar.