StartIsBack++ 2.9

Tihiy

On 27/09/2016 at 5:09 AM, lieuliau said:

Hello, I'm using StartisBack 1.3.3. I set my taskbar to 0% transparent but it it still not. I already try uninstall, restart, install, restart but problem is still there. Please help!

Image 002.jpg

If you don't want taskbar or start menu transparency. Set the slider to 100% instead of 0

Edited by humanangle

On 9/9/2016 at 5:43 PM, MrGRiM said:

It's already an option, you can enable and disable blur on the start menu and taskbar in the appearance menu, toggle the little rain drop icon, it  probably should be a bit more obvious that it is a setting, also make sure you have checked both of the custom color settings options.

Cheers. The color is still off a little though. If I use custom coloring for taskbar and start menu the start menu is a little bit darker.
As a result I have to use 72% visibility for start menu vs 75% for taskbar. They should match percentages.

On 8/29/2016 at 8:17 AM, Saijin_Naib said:

Yeah, I have the same terrible slow searches now as well. Cortana is lightning fast, however.

Yep, i have the same slow searches from within startisback search but not always. It seems random.  

Edited by Gvmv5

I've just moved to a new keyboard which doesn't have a calculator button, therefore I went to the programs menu to locate the calculator program to find that it is missing. Even when doing a search it is missing. But if I use the traditional Windows Start Menu and search for the app it comes up fine. Is this a bug in the StartIsBack++ program?

calcmissing.png

traditional.png

• 2 weeks later...

Like seriously, am I the only person who actually cares about the start menu MRU list items not updating properly on W10 Anniversary Edition? Not even Tihiy cares, I emailed him and was told it isn't an issue...

Edited by yogalD

I think that I have found a bug, but don't know what is the cause of that.

My startmenu is like:

e375f9bd20da4b378d628fe038fb94e5.png

But some times it opens like:

8570a672ea2348fd977515d81401af7a.png

I have lots of programs fixed in the menu and the number of recent programs to display are six. I use two screens with different resolutions.

If you need more information of that, please send me a message.

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/27/2015 at 10:18 PM, Tihiy said:

Obligatory download link

Your feedback is welcomed.

Obligatory, huh?.. It wouldn't be much of a program, if we weren't able to download the software. It kinda makes sense.

Any reason not to include it in the first post, originally?.. The Google spider can't see the file, btw. OIC., right, there's a .com web site... Heh. Got it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Day3oxR9Efk
Edited by nimd4
Jesus Christ, when MSFN had changed the forum template(s), with no previews - prior to posting (like every, single, forum out there has; even the STUPID Google forums), all except here. :-/

Hello
Just had to do a complete reinstall of Windows 10. Now after all updates and reinstalling StartIsBack I cannot get the Properties page to open. If I click on Properties the "How do you want to open this file" dialog opens. If I select notepad from the list I get the following;

2017:01:29 12:34:48:604 Could not recognize operation: C!

2017:01:29 12:34:48:604 DifxFrontend failed!

I have the latest version of StartIsBack ++. I have tried reinstalling. Tried uninstalling and then reinstalling. Tried rebooting. Windows version is 1607 Pro N.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Phil

8 hours ago, 2635599 said:

thise are windows problems NOT startisback issues you need to go to tenforums.

How exactly is this a windows problem? It is StartIsBack's settings page that will not load. (The link in the start menu is named Properties). I cannot change any of StartIsBacks settings. The "Windows Settings" page loads fine.

Edited by Phil_C

38 minutes ago, saltystew said:

I'm supposed to use the pin to start in the right click menu to put things on the start menu right? 

If so it doesn't do anything for me.

Pin to Start = pin to the Windows 10 metro style start menu (or start screen if that's what you have it set to)

Pin to Start Menu = pin to the StartIsBack start menu

Edited by yogalD