StartIsBack++ 2.9

Tihiy

Latest versions sometimes opens Windows 10 startmenu. 

Subsequent clicks opens startisback normally.

I'm using plain10 style.

Cheers 

Edit: It only happens with plain10 style. 

Edited by Escorpiom

Please welcome on the stage again: the Start menu which refused to die!

StartIsBack++ is the all-new StartIsBack version for Windows 10.

OsYU9gi.png

What's hot about StartIsBack on Windows 10 now?

- Live badges for modern apps on taskbar and Start menu! 

- Ability to reduce resource usage by disabling newer Start menu and Cortana processes from prelaunching

- Ability to use adequately sized (32x32) large icons and larger start menu button on taskbar

- Modern icon glyphs on Start menu right hand pane

- Modern blur, drop shadow and immersive context menus for start menu

- Fully dynamic DPI aware start menu and configuration app

- New modern style with round user picture

- Lots of new minor additions and tweaks 

Hello.

You have replaced my favorite design with that ugly Plain10 design. I strongly condemn that step. Why did you do that? Incredible! Can you please release an addon that reintroduces the useful design?

Hello.

You have replaced my favorite design with that ugly Plain10 design. I strongly condemn that step. Why did you do that? Incredible! Can you please release an addon that reintroduces the useful design?

Doesn't switching back to one of the other skins resolve it?

Edited by roirraWedorehT

Please welcome on the stage again: the Start menu which refused to die!

StartIsBack++ is the all-new StartIsBack version for Windows 10.

OsYU9gi.png

What's hot about StartIsBack on Windows 10 now?

- Live badges for modern apps on taskbar and Start menu! 

- Ability to reduce resource usage by disabling newer Start menu and Cortana processes from prelaunching

- Ability to use adequately sized (32x32) large icons and larger start menu button on taskbar

- Modern icon glyphs on Start menu right hand pane

- Modern blur, drop shadow and immersive context menus for start menu

- Fully dynamic DPI aware start menu and configuration app

- New modern style with round user picture

- Lots of new minor additions and tweaks 

Hello.

Partly. I would prefer my favorite design.

I may not be understanding well enough partly because I don't do much customization of the look - what skin were you using before that you liked?

Edited by roirraWedorehT

I may not be understanding well enough partly because I don't do much customization of the look - what skin were you using before that you liked?

Sorry, I did not care for its name. It was the third option which is now (com)Plain10.

I've installed version 1.1 and I'm getting explorer/SiB crashes shortly after Windows starts (doing simple, random actions). No errors, SiB/explorer just closes and restarts.

Edited by rpsgc

Sorry, I did not care for its name. It was the third option which is now (com)Plain10.

So the now fourth option isn't what you used to use?  Or selecting it somehow doesn't give you what it used to give you, if I'm understanding you correctly?  Can you be specific about what the fourth option gives you that's different from what the third option used to give you?

So the now fourth option isn't what you used to use?  Or selecting it somehow doesn't give you what it used to give you, if I'm understanding you correctly?  Can you be specific about what the fourth option gives you that's different from what the third option used to give you?

It is about the design. The functionality has not been affected. To the following screenshots, I added the second properties windows manually.

p11.jpg

p21.jpg

On the latest version, setting Plain10 style now makes thing fully broken here..

Ha ha that's not funny. Please try fixed version:

http://www.startisback.com/StartIsBackPlusPlus_setup.exe

This version works great for me now, I was going to mention about a border on the logoff flyout menu but looks like you fixed that as well :)

Correction: Trying with other themes also, latest version does not work correctly. 

Sometimes it shows the Windows start menu instead of startisback.

Cheers.

I'm not able to reproduce this, opens the start menu every time for me, are you using any other programs that could be effecting it, I ask because I used Stardocks Start 10 to test out the Taskbar customisation and had it configured with SiB to see if I could use both, I had similar results with the start menu and start screen sometimes opening. Edited by MrGRiM

I've just installed a fresh Windows 10 machine, and the same issue exists. Sometimes the Windows 10 menu opens instead of SIB++.

No stardock or the likes installed, just plain Windows.

Trust me, this version is bugged. Just wait for others to report it.

Cheers. 

I've just installed a fresh Windows 10 machine, and the same issue exists. Sometimes the Windows 10 menu opens instead of SIB++.

No stardock or the likes installed, just plain Windows.

Trust me, this version is bugged. Just wait for others to report it.

Cheers.

There's got to be a reason it's happening for some users and not others. I haven't been able to reproduce this either.