StartIsBack++ 2.9

Tihiy

Hi Tihii, looks good! Some problems may arise with white text and bright background color of the start menu. Perhaps adding some shadows to the text if the background color is light would be possible?

Also, please consider an open animation in similar style to the native start menu. The sudden appearance is a sore. :)

You can adjust the color, opacity as well as add blur to resolve any issues with readability.

Blur does not help readability; if you dilute the color enough, blur of white is white. And white text on white background is not readable. So your solution is make it darker. That's not a solution, that's a workaround.

Hello Tihiy,

Version 1.1.0 looks really good and cool! Too bad M$ is not responding so quick and with so much it's customers, like you do!

Anyway, the most I like (in terms of GUI) is the addition of Windows 10 total transparancy (where you've replace the left bej/white background). Now, that's really owesom. I wish, really, if you could get us, please, the same treat on Windows 7 version? What I would like is basically to have the same left hand transparency like right hand side, but still kipping the same gorgeous 3D effects for tabs and so on; also, it won't hurt to have as a refreshing view the same round user/logo shape like in Win10. Just to finish up, the last thought is about Search field. Coult it hurt if it would also get read of the white background for a, let's say, a very blury/transparent one?

Thanks again for all your work and response.

Topic has been cleaned from bumping and profanity. Don't take it personal and do not violate forum rules.

If you need urgent product support, please contact support e-mail.

If you beilieve your problem is common and others will help - open new thread. 

Hi Tihii, looks good! Some problems may arise with white text and bright background color of the start menu. Perhaps adding some shadows to the text if the background color is light would be possible?

Also, please consider an open animation in similar style to the native start menu. The sudden appearance is a sore. :)

You can adjust the color, opacity as well as add blur to resolve any issues with readability.

Blur does not help readability; if you dilute the color enough, blur of white is white. And white text on white background is not readable. So your solution is make it darker. That's not a solution, that's a workaround.

This was a requested all dark style start menu, why are you trying to make it light? sounds like your trying to make a non existent issue instead of just using one of the light styles.

I upgraded to 1.1.0 from 1.0.4 earlier today and now I'm finding the default Win 10 Start Menu sometimes appearing when I click Start.  This never happened with 1.0.4.  It's fairly easy to reproduce by clicking Start, clicking 'This PC' and then as quickly as possible clicking Start again.

I upgraded to 1.1.0 from 1.0.4 earlier today and now I'm finding the default Win 10 Start Menu sometimes appearing when I click Start.  This never happened with 1.0.4.  It's fairly easy to reproduce by clicking Start, clicking 'This PC' and then as quickly as possible clicking Start again.

I just now manually upgraded from v1.0.4 to v1.1.0.  I believe you that it's happening to you, but I'm trying to click the Start Button really, really fast after clicking "This PC" in the SiB Start Menu and I can't reproduce this.  What visual style are you using?  I'm currently using Plain8.

Edited by roirraWedorehT

I have the same issue of idbirch2. When I do the click in the corner of the button, Star menu appear and not startisback menu.

Furthermore, I have another issue:

b8gdiwy.png

When I search something:

QyDjgM6.png

Keep the good work Tihiy!!!!

If you need more info about how this issues happen, feel free to contact me.

Edited by gsilvap

When i select the new Plain10 style, then previously white area become just black. No custom start menu coloring selected and even if selected it stays black. Tried rebooting, with no difference..

smPENDI.png?1

Also here, the same bug on search as mentioned above by gsilvap.

Edited by palT

StartIsBack++ doesn't appear to like special folders not in the default location. I have my Downloads folder set to S:\Unsorted, and at boot, SIB doesn't include it in my start menu. Opening SIB settings and pressing OK is enough to get it to display again, but this needs to be done every single time I reboot. Can I get a fix? EDIT: It just occurred to me that this may be happening because SIB is ready before my network drive is. If so, SIB should display the menuitem even if the corresponding folder doesn't currently exist.

One other thing that's been bothering me: Submenu heights, particularly when compared to their Windows 7 counterparts, are positively HUGE. Can I get a submenu height option as well? Or even just a more reasonable default?

Edited by blackwind

I have the same issue of idbirch2. When I do the click in the corner of the button, Star menu appear and not startisback menu.

Furthermore, I have another issue:

When I search something:

Keep the good work Tihiy!!!!

If you need more info about how this issues happen, feel free to contact me.

Please try it on non-black background. Because I don't understand if it's cut or transparent. 

StartIsBack++ doesn't appear to like special folders not in the default location. I have my Downloads folder set to S:\Unsorted, and at boot, SIB doesn't include it in my start menu. Opening SIB settings and pressing OK is enough to get it to display again, but this needs to be done every single time I reboot. Can I get a fix? EDIT: It just occurred to me that this may be happening because SIB is ready before my network drive is. If so, SIB should display the menuitem even if the corresponding folder doesn't currently exist.

One other thing that's been bothering me: Submenu heights, particularly when compared to their Windows 7 counterparts, are positively HUGE. Can I get a submenu height option as well? Or even just a more reasonable default?

I'll try to reproduce your problem with network special folders. What about submenus? They're 2px extra height maximum.

What about submenus? They're 2px extra height maximum.

7Ko5vRG.png

YUaKo4n.png

21px in Windows vs. 32px in SIB -- 11px larger by my count. As someone who makes extensive use of My Documents and Control Panel navigation through the start menu, I often have to scroll to the file I want now because the menus are so big.