StartIsBack++ 2.9

Tihiy

great job with the startisback. have been using it since day 1. i am using  windows 10 with no major issues, just a few niggles

i am having issues with jumplists. On windows 8.1 i had more than 10 items pinned to the jump list to my chrome icon on the taskbar.

in windows 10 it is seems to limited to 9. 

anyone know how to increase it or would be possible to put in a setting to startisback

in windows 8 there was an option in taskbar and navigation but i could not find it before the upgrade

post-384270-0-70346800-1439234143_thumb.

Edited by Raptor1966

The Do not prelaunch SearchUI and ShellExperienceHost processes option doesn't do anything. I have the option checked on and the processes stay in the task manager and if I manually terminate them they just come right back.

Edited by ptd163

Someone on the MS Community website recommended StartisBack to me, and it looks great, and should do just what I want. However, and it seems petty, I miss the round user account picture from the Win 10 start menu, and can't seem to find a way of displaying it. I know it should be there, or at least available, so have I just missed a setting for it. I have the square Win 7 one only.

Thanks

Iain

SORRY, just done some more fiddling and found the answer - selecting Plain8 visual style did what I wanted. Many thanks again for your work, looks like it'll be a couple of licence fees so this can go on my wifes computer as well.

Edited by Iain_L

++1.0.2

- RTL fixes

- 'Advanced Startup' option is properly named
- Windows logo button on tablet always opens system menu
(As in StartIsBack+)

This version will be pushed as automatic download if you have v1.0.1 installed.

For the next update have you considered adding a Windows 10 Visual Style?

That is for me the only thing that is missing..

Keep up the great work! :D

The Do not prelaunch SearchUI and ShellExperienceHost processes option doesn't do anything. I have the option checked on and the processes stay in the task manager and if I manually terminate them they just come right back.

Have you tried rebooting since you last enabled that option?  I don't have those processes running.  I'm running Enterprise LTSB N, but I'm pretty sure at least SearchUI is still included with this version.

When installed on the fr-ca version of Windows 10 (french canadian), Startisback++ 1.02 is using the english langage for the settings.

How can I change this back to the french langage?

Edited by wmn

The below theme was made for W8/8.1 and it has some styles for SIB too. Anyone who would like a colored left pane on the first page of Start Menu can give it a try. 

Don't get the themes for it doesn't work well on W10, just get StartIsBack Styles only.

Copy them into folder C:\Users\.....\AppData\Local\StartIsBack\Styles

I don't like these because there is no user picture on Start Menu. And you have to turn off "automatically pick color" for Windows theme so that you can choose a color that matches the color of the SIB styles. 

PS. It seems that every time Windows updates something I'll have to apply the option of "Do not prelaunch SearchUI and ShellExperienceHost processes" again.

Have you tried rebooting since you last enabled that option?  I don't have those processes running.  I'm running Enterprise LTSB N, but I'm pretty sure at least SearchUI is still included with this version.

Yes. Same result. Zombie processes that are ignorant of the setting and will resurrect themselves right after they are manually terminated via Task Manager.

++1.0.2

- RTL fixes

(As in StartIsBack+)

Yea if we could have a win10 menu with the option to hide the user account picture and use the win8/7 file types instead of the massive alphabetical win10 list showing every letter and using those stupid large manilla folders that would be perfect.

Hi all,
I'm new here but i like making some windows themes with Start is Back and ONE.

Today I started new adventure with theming Windows 10 and sadly I discovered That tere is no possibility to edit the taskbar background (correct me if I'm wrong).
and here is idea to add new functionality which will allow to set the taskbar background maybe also the button png in StartIsBack.
KM

Sorry for bad english.

++1.0.2

- RTL fixes

(As in StartIsBack+)

Yea if we could have a win10 menu with the option to hide the user account picture and use the win8/7 file types instead of the massive alphabetical win10 list showing every letter and using those stupid large manilla folders that would be perfect.

I think I read people say that if you choose a different than the default StartIsBack theme that the user account picture doesn't show up.

++1.0.2

- RTL fixes

(As in StartIsBack+)

I think I read people say that if you choose a different than the default StartIsBack theme that the user account picture doesn't show up.

You mean if I don't use a startisback++ theme and check the toggle to turn off the user account picture it will remove it from the win10 startmenu?

++1.0.2

- RTL fixes

(As in StartIsBack+)

You mean if I don't use a startisback++ theme and check the toggle to turn off the user account picture it will remove it from the win10 startmenu?

No, I guess I misunderstood what you were asking for.  I could be wrong, but I doubt if SiB will ever be made to modify the original Windows 10 Start Menu, if that's even possible or reasonable.