StartIsBack++ 2.9

Tihiy

Tihiy,

Is it possible with StartIsBack++ to combine the Win7/8 style start menu panels (Panel1: Pinned/Recent Apps, Panel2: User/System Folders & Functions) with a THIRD panel to the far right where we can optionally dock some tiles?

I like the idea of the docked tiles on the Win10 start menu, but I don't like how it doesn't have Panel1 or Panel2 how I'm used to it. I'd really love a true hybrid of Win7/8 and Win10 style :)

I tried dragging folder Start Apps from the left pane to the right and now I cannot remove it from there.

Uninstalling and reinstalling SIB++ doesn't help. Anyone knows a way to fix this, please?

Some settings options of StartIsBack+ will have to be adapted for the LTSB Enterprise version of Windows 10.

There is no Store, no Modern Apps, No Edge Browser and of course no Cortana...

I don't see StartIsBack settings for those.

In start menu settings, there is option to "ask cortana to search if nothing is found"..

Never think I could fix it! On the first tab of the settings, clicked on "Custom folders..." next to "Right side items", chose folder Start Apps and deleted it but it still showed on Start Menu. Right clicked on it there and then chose Rename, it was really gone this time. 

Good riddance! 

After installing version 1.0, I can no longer find the option to show the desktop when hovering over the show desktop bar or was it not in the program and found in a windows settings?

Mine's on the very far right to the right of the clock, very slim compared to how it was in Windows 7, but that's Windows 10's behavior.  It's working for me.

2n00x2r.jpg

Hello

Is there a way to change the background of the Start Menu from white to something other color, preferably with an option for transparency?

thanks

Appearance / Use custom start menu coloring:

2n744xu.jpg

Thanks, I found out how to do this. What I am looking for is a way to change the left pane from white to some other color

but there's nothing on the StartIsBack site about this at all

that's not true, it's written at least twice that you don't have to buy new license.

++1.0.1 is out

- Fixed immersive menu colors with third-party styles

- Fixed All Programs default style glyph

I know changing the start menu is the primary function of this app but I don't need the start menu changed just larger icons. I would buy a single feature app with the "larger taskbar icons" function. Alternatively if this app had an option to disable all start menu changes that would also work. Please consider it.

I have startisback on my Win 8.1 Flip.  I tried Win 10 on an old (2007 BIOS) desktop and didn't like it.  But Win 10 Startisback might encourage me to upgrade my 8.1 and two Win 7 laptops.

I hate Aero and whatever Win 10 has.  I just want a clean Desktop and good-looking fonts on everything.  Microsoft sucks at doing graphical interfaces.

Startisback++ might keep me from replacing my Windows machines with Macintosh machines.

Great start menu replacement used it since my laptop was on Windows 8.1..

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and did a fresh install, so far star is back++ is great.

However im experiencing a bug with recent progams. If i right click and remove a recent program from the list and lauch the progrm again it doesn't show up under recent programs . Only way to get it to work again is to uncheck "store recent programs " clear the list and re apply the setttings.  Is anyone else experiencing   this issue?

Thanks

Edited by TG2009

Hi thanks for providing yet another support for another windows for us trusted users ;).

Now to it, this goes to the dev "Tihiy"

I got some issues, well..

First of

The general color showing in the startmenu is not your theme color, but rather the "clicking" color i will explain in a picture?

http://prntscr.com/81s126

As you can see the color is more bright here in the startmenu which does not match other behaviors in windows 10 like this picture http://prntscr.com/81s1bb

Another thing, when hitting the search icon and pressing the menu just after makes the whole taskbar disapear for a few seconds.

http://prntscr.com/81s1n4

Can you add support for removing those 2 icons in options of startmenu if possible?

http://prntscr.com/81s2jd

Whenever i worked with startisback in windows 8.1, and i just quikcly wanted to start a program, lets say, the calculactor, i could just write calc in the startisback search bar and hit enter right away, if i do that now nothing happens, and this is general for all things, tho exceptions of things already in the startmenu is shown right away, if i just type calc and i wait, it says working on it http://prntscr.com/81s53n, if i hit the "show more results just down under "calc" nothing happens.

Suggestion, maybe add support for live tiles in your startisback app, if possible?

Many would prob. say why?? "just use windows native one", yeah but that one sucks and is kinda locked you cannot work with it, only thing i like about the new windows native startmenu is their live tiles which i think in the other hand is PRETTY darn cool.

Windows7/Startisback menu + live tiles = YUMMY ;)

Yet again, thanks ;)

"Automatically download and notify you to install updates" is not working for me. It's been a week since version 1.0.1 was released and I am still on version 1.0.

I noticed the same behavior under windows 8,1 whenever there was a new version out, he might need to check thru some coding settings ;).

Suggestion, maybe add field to check every 1/3 days or weekly for new update?

Can you add support for removing those 2 icons in options of startmenu if possible?

Hi!  If you already know this, ignore me, but just wanted to make sure you know that the options to remove those already exist in the right-click taskbar options:

post-118107-0-94795400-1438950556_thumb.

Edited by roirraWedorehT

++1.0.1 is not pushed automatically as it is minor update. (Same as +1.7.5 vs +1.7)

Start menu purposefully has different color as it's not possible to match taskbar color without matching blur and translucency level as well.

Hi!  If you already know this, ignore me, but just wanted to make sure you know that the options to remove those already exist in the right-click taskbar options:

Thanks did not know that!

++1.0.1 is not pushed automatically as it is minor update. (Same as +1.7.5 vs +1.7)

Start menu purposefully has different color as it's not possible to match taskbar color without matching blur and translucency level as well.

Can you confirm/look into my other issues or you already got them?