StartIsBack++ 2.9

Tihiy

Sorry, the issue related to closing modern apps I said in the previous post seemingly was caused by Windows Update. Found that it only occurred when Windows updated something and then I happened to restart the computer some time after that. 

Hi thanks for a version for Windows 10.

I have 1 1/2 bug reports and 1 1/2 feature requests.

I have the same issue with the small icons as mentioned above already, the text and the icon is overlapping. Also the icons of the folders and programs are really close to the edge in the "All programs" view, not sure if this could be counted as bug but for me personally its to close to the edge.

post-384128-0-10203100-1438354151.jpg

Is it possible to add the feature to disable the task view and the search button on secondary monitors? I only want them on my primary one.

Thanks for this awesome tool anyway.

After installing version 1.0, I can no longer find the option to show the desktop when hovering over the show desktop bar or was it not in the program and found in a windows settings?

Mine's on the very far right to the right of the clock, very slim compared to how it was in Windows 7, but that's Windows 10's behavior.  It's working for me.

2n00x2r.jpg

Hello

Is there a way to change the background of the Start Menu from white to something other color, preferably with an option for transparency?

thanks

Appearance / Use custom start menu coloring:

2n744xu.jpg

Edited by roirraWedorehT

Some settings options of StartIsBack+ will have to be adapted for the LTSB Enterprise version of Windows 10.

There is no Store, no Modern Apps, No Edge Browser and of course no Cortana...

Edited by wmn

Some settings options of StartIsBack+ will have to be adapted for the LTSB Enterprise version of Windows 10.

There is no Store, no Modern Apps, No Edge Browser and of course no Cortana...

I don't see StartIsBack settings for those.

Tihiy -- would you sell a version of startisback (or a standalone app) that will increase the size of the icons back to traditional size?  Your software is great, but I don't need all of its features. 

If you won't sell an app for that, would you consider selling the knowledge to increase the icon sizes?

Hey Tihiy,

thank you very much for the v1 and free update to W10.

Until now It's working ok apart from some cosmetic details that don't affect the functionality: several strings remained in english in the german version.

Is this known, normal or did something go wrong with my install?

Here the screenshots

http://imgur.com/a/SC31k#0

Here what I did:

1. Upgrade Win 8.1 german to Win 10 german

2. Uninstall Startisback for 8.1 + clear settings+ license infos

3. Install Startisback 1.0 for Win10

Edited by paul70

I've been a long time user since the first StartIsBack version for Windows 8. I've upgraded of course to 1.7.5 for Windows 8.1. Do I need a new license for the Windows 10 version if I decide to install it?

Also, where do I get my registration information? I can't find it in the program and I can't find the old PayPal transaction for it. Can I get it from my current version?

I'm having the same issue that Harria was having except I don't see an option to track recent apps on the advanced page. Here's what it looks like for me:

OhyorRP.png

Isn't it the "Store and display recently opened programs" option?

Cheers and Regards

I'm having the same issue that Harria was having except I don't see an option to track recent apps on the advanced page. Here's what it looks like for me:

OhyorRP.png

Isn't it the "Store and display recently opened programs" option?

Cheers and Regards

Hello,

I have the same problem even with enabled "Store and display recently opened programs".

Is this a bug or something wrong with my system?

Hey Tihiy,

thank you very much for the v1 and free update to W10.

Until now It's working ok apart from some cosmetic details that don't affect the functionality: several strings remained in english in the german version.

Is this known, normal or did something go wrong with my install?

Here the screenshots

http://imgur.com/a/SC31k#0

Here what I did:

1. Upgrade Win 8.1 german to Win 10 german

2. Uninstall Startisback for 8.1 + clear settings+ license infos

3. Install Startisback 1.0 for Win10

Hallo, Paul!

Please visit the translations topic here. I've built a translator application some time ago for StartIsBack, hopefully it still works for this version too. You may download it from my repository and run it, load the current German translation file and see if there are untranslated strings. Translate them yourself, save and see if it's working. Please save a backup copy of the original file before modifying it. You may submit the updated translation file to Tihiy for the next version.

If you find any errors or glitches in the program itself, please report them to me. Viel glück! ;)