StartIsBack++ 2.9

Tihiy

++1.0

Hooray!

No notable changes from RC2.

Hi Tihiy,

After upgrading to Windows 10 I want to install StartIsBack++ , but when I try to download from your website BitDefender (build 19.2.0.142) is throwing up a warning:

"Bitdefender blocked this page

The page you are trying to access contains Gen:Variant.Graftor.226301."

Is this another false positive? I noticed earlier in this thread that it happened to a previous version?

Thanks.

I've just tried installing version 1.0 4 times and all 4 times it crashed explorer.exe as well as failing to install. The first 3 times was installing over previous RC2 version, and the 4th time as a fresh install. Going back to RC2 until it is fixed.

After going to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\StartIsBack and running the StartIsBackCfg.exe I get a "Access violation at address 0045CBB0 in Module 'StartIsBackCfg.exe'. Read of address 0000004." error.

roirraWedorehT, did you install it over a previous version of SIB?

Edited by Friction

I love Startisback as I've used it since Windows 8.1 and i installed Windows 10 today and i only have 1 suggestion for you:

Please add a Windows 10 Visual Style as i actually like that type of style.

Thanks!

> crunzaty / Kenneth

just upgraded to windows 10 and can no longer get this to work.

i first installed over an old version. it could start the install. screen would go black except for install window and then just sit there. i would have to hit cancel and bring up task manager to start up explorer.

i tried uninstalling the old version and install fresh. same thing. no matter if i did for all users or just me.

i also tried install with right click run as admin. same thing.

it looks like it does install files but when i try and run the config i get the same access error as the person above...

any help would be appreciated.

Edited by phynias

After going to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\StartIsBack and running the StartIsBackCfg.exe I get a "Access violation at address 0045CBB0 in Module 'StartIsBackCfg.exe'. Read of address 0000004." error.

roirraWedorehT, did you install it over a previous version of SIB?

No, it was a completely fresh Windows 10 installation from the final disc image downloaded from Microsoft.

I'm not entirely sure what the problem was, but a clean install of Windows 10 allowed it to install just fine.

Glad that at least solved it.  I know MS is working heavily towards perfecting the upgrade system but maybe it's still not even close.

Hello what the command to install in silent mode  please
Thank you

Hi!

http://www.startisback.com/#download-tab

2ccmbya.jpg

21ozevs.jpg

Edited by roirraWedorehT

Many thanks for the excellent new version. It seems the search bar is a bit cropped here (1680x1050, 125% DPI, Win 10 Pro x64).

Also, don't know if it's already available or possible, but a "detect pending Windows updates and install on shutdown" option would be great to have.

AVtyeLr.jpg

update: switched the skins around and now it looks ok again (all skins ok)

Edited by Amigafever