StartIsBack++ 2.9

Tihiy

++1.0.2

- RTL fixes

- 'Advanced Startup' option is properly named
- Windows logo button on tablet always opens system menu
(As in StartIsBack+)

This version will be pushed as automatic download if you have v1.0.1 installed.

For the next update have you considered adding a Windows 10 Visual Style?

That is for me the only thing that is missing..

Keep up the great work! :D

Yea if we could have a win10 menu with the option to hide the user account picture and use the win8/7 file types instead of the massive alphabetical win10 list showing every letter and using those stupid large manilla folders that would be perfect.

I think I read people say that if you choose a different than the default StartIsBack theme that the user account picture doesn't show up.

You mean if I don't use a startisback++ theme and check the toggle to turn off the user account picture it will remove it from the win10 startmenu?

No, I guess I misunderstood what you were asking for.  I could be wrong, but I doubt if SiB will ever be made to modify the original Windows 10 Start Menu, if that's even possible or reasonable.

They could just make a menu that looks like the win10 one though with a color you can change.

In SIB++ for windows 10, I could not open settings in version 1.0.1. The issue was resolved in 1.0.2. However, running sfc /scannow, after rebooting, I get a flashing blank screen. The issue remains in safe mode. Fortunately, I had a restore point. I deleted SIB++ 1.02 and the issue is gone. I like this program and would like to continue using this since I have used it since Windows 8. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, how to resolve? Thanks in advance.

In SIB++ for windows 10, I could not open settings in version 1.0.1. The issue was resolved in 1.0.2. However, running sfc /scannow, after rebooting, I get a flashing blank screen. The issue remains in safe mode. Fortunately, I had a restore point. I deleted SIB++ 1.02 and the issue is gone. I like this program and would like to continue using this since I have used it since Windows 8. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, how to resolve? Thanks in advance.

No, I haven't had it, even under 1.0.1.  Did you most recently upgrade to Windows 10 or clean install Windows 10?  What edition of it are you using?  Try a Reset of Windows?  (Notification / All settings / Update & security / Recovery / Reset this PC "Get started" / Remove everything)

I'd try either the Reset or the clean install (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10)

I originally tried reset and Windows would not have it. I clean installed Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.  I forgot to untick safe mode the last time so I could not access system restore. Windows repair would not work, either.  I had to clean install for the second time without installing SIB++. Sfc /scannow does run.

Search works for me... although PC settings search results have vanished from both SIB and system.

I have now tested on 3 machines, search does not work as in windows 8.1 with sib.

whenever i type calc it should show up the calc.exe files in the search of sib correct?, be aware that im not on native english of windows 10, im on Danish, but... that did not make it any difference in windows 8.1.

i actually have to search for calc in my language, which would be lommeregner when i search for that it comes up?, its weird.... and for search to work in sib you will have to enable search index in windows, which i thought it did not rely on, simply because its very s***ty and gives s*** search hints like this

WYXWGdl.png

btw Tihiy can you fix so we are allowed to shutdown or reboot with SIB when using RDP(Remote Desktop Protocol) ? afaik it has never been possible with sib.

I can logout, lock pc and shutdown RDP, thats basicly it, no reboot or shutdown in gui available.

onYMvGq.png

Edited by wazer

btw Tihiy can you fix so we are allowed to shutdown or reboot with SIB when using RDP(Remote Desktop Protocol) ? afaik it has never been possible with sib.

I can logout, lock pc and shutdown RDP, thats basicly it, no reboot or shutdown in gui available.

I don't know if he can make SiB do that or not - that's RDP that takes that away.

Run dialog or Command Prompt.

"shutdown /i" (without quotes, and that's the lowercase letter I (Eye) after the forward slash).  Gives you a GUI.  Enter PC name and other options, etc.  If you're using RDP on a local network, you can use the command from any network PC, not just the one you want to shutdown, since you have to give the shutdown GUI the name(s) of the PCs to act on.

Or use Chrome RDP, I use either of those two options when I want to reboot or shutdown a PC remotely.

If you don't want either of those two alternatives, ignore me.  :)

Edited by roirraWedorehT

I don't know if he can make SiB do that or not - that's RDP that takes that away.

"shutdown /i" (without quotes, and that's the lowercase letter I (Eye) after the forward slash).  Gives you a GUI.  Enter PC name and other options, etc.  If you're using RDP on a local network, you can use the command from any network PC, not just the one you want to shutdown, since you have to give the shutdown GUI the name(s) of the PCs to act on.

Or use Chrome RDP, I use either of those two options when I want to reboot or shutdown a PC remotely.

If you don't want either of those two alternatives, ignore me.   :)

Or use left ALT and F4 to bring up the dialogue box and chose what you want to to.

Edited by Radeon12345

Or use left ALT and F4 to bring up the dialogue box and chose what you want to to.

Left Alt + F4, both through Remote Desktop and on my local PC only close the current application or window I have open.

Not really an option , i could use shutdown -i too, but if you only using mouse for simple task already made just by clicking..

anyways does any of you know what command for the simple shutdown gui is?

2ZIOOPt.png

edit

nvm i got it here, just vbs script ;)

dim objShellset objShell = CreateObject("shell.application")objshell.ShutdownWindowsset objShell = nothing
Edited by wazer

Not really an option , i could use shutdown -i too, but if you only using mouse for simple task already made just by clicking..

anyways does any of you know what command for the simple shutdown gui is?

2ZIOOPt.png

You can actually configure the shutdown command completely with command line switches, put it in a batch file and make a shortcut to it.  I know it's not as easy as you'd like but I can't think of any other option other than standalone third-party programs for shutdown or reboot.

Windows PowerShellCopyright (C) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.PS C:\Windows\system32> shutdown /?Usage: C:\Windows\system32\shutdown.exe [/i | /l | /s | /r | /g | /a | /p | /h | /e | /o] [/hybrid] [/soft] [/f]    [/m \\computer][/t xxx][/d [p|u:]xx:yy [/c "comment"]]    No args    Display help. This is the same as typing /?.    /?         Display help. This is the same as not typing any options.    /i         Display the graphical user interface (GUI).               This must be the first option.    /l         Log off. This cannot be used with /m or /d options.    /s         Shutdown the computer.    /r         Full shutdown and restart the computer.    /g         Full shutdown and restart the computer. After the system is               rebooted, restart any registered applications.    /a         Abort a system shutdown.               This can only be used during the time-out period.    /p         Turn off the local computer with no time-out or warning.               Can be used with /d and /f options.    /h         Hibernate the local computer.               Can be used with the /f option.    /hybrid    Performs a shutdown of the computer and prepares it for fast startup.               Must be used with /s option.    /e         Document the reason for an unexpected shutdown of a computer.    /o         Go to the advanced boot options menu and restart the computer.               Must be used with /r option.    /m \\computer Specify the target computer.    /t xxx     Set the time-out period before shutdown to xxx seconds.               The valid range is 0-315360000 (10 years), with a default of 30.               If the timeout period is greater than 0, the /f parameter is               implied.    /c "comment" Comment on the reason for the restart or shutdown.               Maximum of 512 characters allowed.    /f         Force running applications to close without forewarning users.               The /f parameter is implied when a value greater than 0 is               specified for the /t parameter.    /d [p|u:]xx:yy  Provide the reason for the restart or shutdown.               p indicates that the restart or shutdown is planned.               u indicates that the reason is user defined.               If neither p nor u is specified the restart or shutdown is               unplanned.               xx is the major reason number (positive integer less than 256).               yy is the minor reason number (positive integer less than 65536).Reasons on this computer:(E = Expected U = Unexpected P = planned, C = customer defined)Type    Major   Minor   Title U      0       0       Other (Unplanned)E       0       0       Other (Unplanned)E P     0       0       Other (Planned) U      0       5       Other Failure: System UnresponsiveE       1       1       Hardware: Maintenance (Unplanned)E P     1       1       Hardware: Maintenance (Planned)E       1       2       Hardware: Installation (Unplanned)E P     1       2       Hardware: Installation (Planned)E       2       2       Operating System: Recovery (Unplanned)E P     2       2       Operating System: Recovery (Planned)  P     2       3       Operating System: Upgrade (Planned)E       2       4       Operating System: Reconfiguration (Unplanned)E P     2       4       Operating System: Reconfiguration (Planned)  P     2       16      Operating System: Service pack (Planned)        2       17      Operating System: Hot fix (Unplanned)  P     2       17      Operating System: Hot fix (Planned)        2       18      Operating System: Security fix (Unplanned)  P     2       18      Operating System: Security fix (Planned)E       4       1       Application: Maintenance (Unplanned)E P     4       1       Application: Maintenance (Planned)E P     4       2       Application: Installation (Planned)E       4       5       Application: UnresponsiveE       4       6       Application: Unstable U      5       15      System Failure: Stop error U      5       19      Security issue (Unplanned)E       5       19      Security issue (Unplanned)E P     5       19      Security issue (Planned)E       5       20      Loss of network connectivity (Unplanned) U      6       11      Power Failure: Cord Unplugged U      6       12      Power Failure: Environment  P     7       0       Legacy API shutdownPS C:\Windows\system32>

After trying everything I could think of to get the Do not pre-launch SearchUI and ShellExperienceHost options to work I removed the Cortana and Search packages from my image as a last resort.