StartIsBack++ 2.9

Tihiy

1 hour ago, CKyHC said:

But can't you make support for Aero Glass in SiB?

It's not hard to implement but hard to support since it's difficult to detect Aero Glass and dynamically update UI for it. Without auto detection I could throw in a loser checkbox like Classic Shell does (does it?). But still this stuff must play nice with other settings. Each Win10 version and each aero glass version may require tailoring and Redstone 3 is coming and no public Aero glass for RS2 yet etc.

But that is not the main point. Main point is that nobody (except maybe prosumers on this forum) actually requested this feature.

Edited by Tihiy

31 minutes ago, Tihiy said:

It's not hard to implement but hard to support since it's difficult to detect Aero Glass and dynamically update UI for it. Without auto detection I could throw in a loser checkbox like Classic Shell does (does it?). But still this stuff must play nice with other settings. Each Win10 version and each aero glass version may require tailoring and Redstone 3 is coming and no public Aero glass for RS2 yet etc.

But that is not the main point. Main point is that nobody (except maybe prosumers on this forum) actually requested this feature.

I'm agreed with you - not so many peoples need that stripes. And I didn't know that it's so... hard to support. Please, if you will have some free time, think about some... implementation of this feature. You can make this as option, with possibility to disable it if it stops to work or became buggy due to AeroGlass updates or Windows updates. 

On my work several computers with Windows 7 yet. And I everyday see that stripes on them. I must say that taskbar with native Windows 7 aero looks very nice. And stripes on it makes this look just impressive!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 6:26 PM, bapt said:

Hello

When I pass the mouse cursor on the icon of the start menu or click on it, it does not change color as with the start menu by default
Is it "wanted" or is it a bug ?

Capture.PNG.141875b05761bf16d40bf024736e4d46.PNG

Thanks

Up :)

And with the 2.0.6 and W10 Creator Update, I have a small bug, I have the option "Keep and display programs recently opened" which unchecked alone (after a reboot, installing Kaspersky for example) but it is random

Capture.PNG.5d98306778a85b60bdba3dd82515c75d.PNG

Thanks

7 hours ago, Tihiy said:

Well it's new privacy setting you have unchecked somewhere in PC settings.

Thanks so much Tihiy :)
Let Windows track app launches to improve Start and search results, I think ?

Edited by bapt

Is it possible to resize the start menu?  There doesn't appear to be anything in the app settings for this and I can't drag the borders to enlarge.

I have searched this thread, but didn't find any info in this regard.

A word of thanks for this app, been saving my sanity since first iteration.

Hi, I'm a new user of startisback++ 2.0.8 for win10.

everything looks good to me, thank you all but still a little problem is that:

I choose the win7 style, and this is task bar scroll is ugly which not exactly same as win7.

It should be transparent like win7 does, is there any way to fix this? Thank you.

ulgy task bar.png

Edited by JerryCai

The update somehow disturbs the desktop icon alignment - can't put icons on the edges of the lowest row.

I managed to get it working by disabling and re-enabling "Align icons to grid".

Edit: Also, minimizing windows does weird things for a split second. It's jarring.

Edited by martixy

Not getting any update notification from SiB at all, checking "About" says version 2.0.6 with no new versions advertised, but when I check manually on the site I see there have been 3 updates since then

4 hours ago, Detection said:

Not getting any update notification from SiB at all, checking "About" says version 2.0.6 with no new versions advertised, but when I check manually on the site I see there have been 3 updates since then

Same here.

On 2017-4-29 at 9:42 AM, bapt said:

Will anyone have the default start menu button of Windows 10 ?

Or if it's possible to add an option to keep the original button of Windows 10

Thanks

Is not this?

1.jpg

Edited by carlitosoo555