StartIsBack++ 2.9

Tihiy

On 07.09.2017 at 5:07 PM, adacom said:

on earlier versions the icon on the toolbar changed when i got a mail

Yep, older versions does show overlay icons on small taskbar buttons. However, this is no longer a case since it does breaks app icons for some apps like Telegram.

9 hours ago, Tihiy said:

Yep, older versions does show overlay icons on small taskbar buttons. However, this is no longer a case since it does breaks app icons for some apps like Telegram.

thats a pity - for me it was very useful and it never gave me a problem - but if its not reliable then i can see the reasons to remove it - found 2.5 and installed it - that works for me - guess i am stuck at that until emclient solve their problem of reliably showing new mail in the notification area

I have two bugs to report:

1) When using the Vista Aero style there is a progression bar bug on the task bar buttons.

ir5VpCj.png

I did some photo-shopping to show what I mean. The Auslogics on the left is what it does when I click on the desktop to shift my main window focus away from the app. The Green progression bar turns dark green. The Auslogics on the right was photo-shopped on their to show what it should look like? I haven't used Vista in a VERY long time so I don't know if that was intended? Plus you can see the corners of the green peaking out from the edges.

2) Sometimes I am unable to click on the sound/volume icon on the bottom right of the task-bar. No context menu or anything will come up but when clicking/right clicking Network, ENG, 12:33(Time) or the notifications icon I get a cascade window. It won't fix itself unless I restart explorer.exe

Same thing happens on all the included themes. I switched to Windows 7/10 Default to see if it was the vista theme but it didn't let me right click it.

Edited by SuperSaiyanPan

On 9/10/2017 at 2:49 PM, SuperSaiyanPan said:

I have two bugs to report:

1) When using the Vista Aero style there is a progression bar bug on the task bar buttons.

ir5VpCj.png

I did some photo-shopping to show what I mean. The Auslogics on the left is what it does when I click on the desktop to shift my main window focus away from the app. The Green progression bar turns dark green. The Auslogics on the right was photo-shopped on their to show what it should look like? I haven't used Vista in a VERY long time so I don't know if that was intended? Plus you can see the corners of the green peaking out from the edges.

2) Sometimes I am unable to click on the sound/volume icon on the bottom right of the task-bar. No context menu or anything will come up but when clicking/right clicking Network, ENG, 12:33(Time) or the notifications icon I get a cascade window. It won't fix itself unless I restart explorer.exe

Same thing happens on all the included themes. I switched to Windows 7/10 Default to see if it was the vista theme but it didn't let me right click it.

That is how it's meant to look, the green outside the button can not be helped though as Vista and 7 had rounded edge buttons but on 8 and 10 they are square so the round buttons will have these little problems with rendering outside the buttons on the progress overlays

Had hoped after more than a year now that such simple thing as searching for calc will show the files behavior like it did in the very beginning and also as it does in windows 7 and classic shell.

Seems not to be fixed as of yet even tho I reported i years ago.

CRkQjZF0S2Wciw8JxxWZOA.png

This is how it works in classic shell / win7.

fELCmsiaS7uM5IkOTfo3rg.png

Example of searching paint in CS

NqEy0VKyTc6a-oO3bQfRHg.png

Example of searching paint in SIB

NFfV1hs1T56JH9p71F-wqA.png

Oh well time to revert back once again to CS

Edited by wazer

6 hours ago, wazer said:

Had hoped after more than a year now that such simple thing as searching for calc will show the files behavior like it did in the very beginning and also as it does in windows 7 and classic shell.

Seems not to be fixed as of yet even tho I reported i years ago.

[...]

This is what I get on version 2.5.1. Search works just fine (N.B. - file names removed from image).

Clipboard02.jpg

Edited by Aethelflaed

17 hours ago, wazer said:

If at the time of installing Windows your locale wasn't set to United States or some other English-speaking country, then your universal apps installed will be localized hence without the original English name. For instance, in my Windows "Calculator" became "Skaičiuotuvas". Searching for the latter works.

image.png.d09228e30b6f39b1f9d93cb71f2fe594.png

13 hours ago, Aethelflaed said:

This is what I get on version 2.5.1. Search works just fine (N.B. - file names removed from image).

Clipboard02.jpg

12 hours ago, MrGRiM said:

same, all I need to type is ca and calculator is top of the list.

Exactly so useless, I should not start by using another language to call up calc, since its native in windows, and CS acts 100% as windows 7 in this manner. So therefore I will stick with CS then. If you where to support another PC which is not your own but needed a native program from windows, would you like to start learning all languages and their respective names for all the different files which is native by default? Hell no.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the Jumplist is much more convenient to use than windows original, I like it . but quite often I accidentally hit the "pin/unpin this program to/from taskbar" button, for some pinned programs , I had to re-pin it and do some customization(change icon, modify shortcut command,etc.). Window original Jumplist provide an registry key to hide this "pin/unpin" buttons by setting :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer]
"NoPinningToTaskbar"=dword:00000001

Is there a way to hide these buttons in Startisback++ jumplist so that I can no longer hit them by accident?

Another advantage of Windows original Jumplist is that It can automatically redirect to the target of a Shell link if original link target is renamed or moved, but Startisback++ jumplist didn't  provide this. 
FYI: ShellLinkObject object.Resolve 
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb774004(v=vs.85).aspx