StartIsBack++ 2.9

Tihiy

Are you going to release a version of StartIsBack which brings back the "old" DirectUI startmenu of Windows 10? 

(It's still in use in server versions of Windows 10, so the code might exist on Pro/Home too! :))

Edited by GTAGAME

Are you going to release a version of StartIsBack which brings back the "old" DirectUI startmenu of Windows 10? 

(It's still in use in server versions of Windows 10, so the code might exist on Pro/Home too! :))

will be cool. directui is much better than start meniu of windows 10 rtm

Edited by stelian88

Due to my AV program StartIsBack++ RC probably contains a virus.

According to BitDefender Internet Security 2015 the Gen:Trojan.Heur.FU.eu2@aO3i8coi is in the StartIsBackPlusPlus_setup.exe file. This made me double-check this file on the VirusTotal website and not all but seven AV programs detected the virus as well, see:

Now is this a valse positive or am i paranoia.  :puke:

Avira doesn't work on W10 so I removed it. Windows Defender is the only anti virus I have and it can find nothing. 

Anyone else can confirm this security alert by Zocor? I have no ideas at all. 

Um, wonder if there is a slight chance that Plain8 with round user account picture can be ported to SIB+ for W8.1?

It's kind of cute! Like it a lot and wish to have it on W8.1 too.

Fixed false positive. You must know your AV is crap when it reacts to icon resources, not code.

Most AVs are crap. I've had a bunch of them marking a ZIP file as dangerous, but not any of the individual files from the ZIP.

Fixed false positive. You must know your AV is crap when it reacts to icon resources, not code.

Thank you for clearing the sky about the false positive. BitDefender now says it's clean

Hello Tihiy

Under Advanced I have enabled the option [x] Do not prelaunch SearchUI and ShellExperienceHost processes. However I noticed that the SearchUI.exe process is still started and restarted if I manually kill the process. I have disabled the Search input box in the task bar.

Update: Right-now I'm unable to reproduce the reported problem.

Edited by Euclid

Not sure if this is a bug unique to my machine or not, but thought I'd report it anyway. 

When I uninstall a progam, the add/remove control panel window dissapears, it takes me back to the desktop, where I can procede to unistall normally,  but I loose my icons placement on the desktop.

Update 07/26

Ok, it's not StartisBack.  I'm guessing it's a bug in Windows.  This morning I was installing a program that I did not want to be able to phone home, so I went to disable my internet.  If I right click the newtork adapter icon, select disable, it screws up.  The window closes, and it doesn't disable.  Now if I highlight the network adapter icon, options appear in the new UI, among them disable.  Clicking that, it works fine.  This is exact same problem I experienced with the add/remove programs mentioned above.  So this is a Windows UI issue.

Edited by DaveImagery