StartIsBack++ 2.9

Tihiy

I have a 120hz monitor and I am using the startisback++ win10 RC2 with a gtx 770 and core i7 cpu. When blurring is enabled on the taskbar, dragging objects becomes choppy if they are under the taskbar, as though it is locked at 60hz. When the monitor is set to 60hz, motion looks consistent with objects not under the taskbar.

Is it possible to set this to lock at the screen refresh rate instead of assuming the refresh is always 60hz? It's not a big deal, but it's a bit jarring to the eyes.

Great product. It makes Windows 8+ usable again.

*edit*

I realized this happens only when my secondary monitor is active.  It's 60hz only.  Is it possible to sync updates differently per monitor?

Edited by R-Type

And this is precisely why Microsoft has disabled taskbar blur - it's not optimised and may be buggy. I'm afraid we must wait for drivers / DWM fixes or bugmuscle better implementation.

Managed to have 10240 but not sure if it is RTM yet. Tried new version of SIB as well and like it as always! Thanks for updating it Tihiy, but don't do it too often please because that means I'll have to boot into W10 often too! 

One question, when did SIB have round user account picture? I just found this today to apply it. 

One more question, why only Plain8 has round user picture? Gosh... I find myself so picky sometimes!

@Soritzi:  In Windows 10 Settings, Personalization, Start, turn off "Use Start full screen", then when you press "Ctrl+Win" or "Alt+Win", you should get the Windows 10 Start Menu instead of the Start Screen. That's how I have it set, and it works great.

Edited by CompUser

Thanks for another fine product, Tihiy! This looks and works great. Is there any possibility of being able to boot to the desktop/Start Menu on the primary monitor, with the Start Screen launching on a secondary monitor, like was possible with StartIsBack+ on Windows 8?  Thanks.

By the way, I'm assuming StartIsBack++ will require new licenses with the final release? Will the purchase options be posted at the same location as before?

Thanks again!

Edited by CompUser

But what unread mail count live tile in Win10 start menu shows for Mail?

I have updated to the new RC build and rebooted. With start is back running it shows I have 1 new mail on my taskbar and also where I have pinned the icon to the start menu. Checked in the mail program no new mail. Now If I disable startisback and log off and on, the icon in the taskbar is now clear of any new mail but the live tile in the start screen still shows 1 new mail.

Thanks

(also MrCobra is nice to know its not just me thanks)

Right I could not get it to show no messages when there was none. so done a fresh install through windows and cleaned all data and tested again.

I also updated all new apps where needed . (did try this before the wipe but it did not help) This now seems to have sorted out the mail problem. :)

Another problem I have is the apps I updated (about 6) show in sib as blank white icons (even after a reboot) and do not have any design, but if I look in the start screen they are showing normally. And again if I pin them to task bar they show fine too.

Also 2 new apps I have just downloaded do not show/seem to be a little hit or miss in sib menu in the start app folder.  Any way to refresh this? 

Edited by tron98

Screenshots and scenarios would help.

I have added three screen shots with the start menu missing icons and the task bar with the icon. And the second showing the start apps folder inside sib. Third showing the start screen.

Scenario nothing special, Refreshed  windows , installed sib and updated apps in store and opened sib , re-booted and logged off a few times to see if it helped.

The new apps I have added have now started to show , but this took ages and at least one was showing last night in the start screen.

Regards

P.s

Nice program so far

post-406896-0-93007400-1437545389_thumb.

post-406896-0-63060900-1437545398_thumb.

post-406896-0-09811000-1437545909_thumb.

What do you marketing guys think about 1.0 release date?

Should it be before or after July 29? 

Hi!  Thanks for the Win 10 SiB!  I haven't tried it yet because I stopped using the technical preview a couple of months ago but I will be just as soon as I'm updated.

I think July 28th or 29th would be ideal, to coincide as closely as possible with the public release of 10.

Cheers!

What do you marketing guys think about 1.0 release date?

Should it be before or after July 29? 

I will prefer 29 to have giveaway of rocking SIB++..............:lol

Can I expect.........Plz

Thanks in Advance

Edited by devdevadev