StartIsBack++ 2.9

Tihiy

Devdevadev,

I'm afraid you have to post an image or describe a little more about the crash so that people can help you.

Tihiy,

Sorry I don't know that issue is a new behavior of W10. Then, can you make "Display Start screen shortcut" work please? I'll be happy to open Start screen with the mouse clicking instead of pressing Ctrl+Win. Thanks in advance.  

Try to read from post #31 down.

OMG, It was Univeral Watermark Disabler which causes crashing.........Thanks for Tip...Now It's works perfectly....

Can you please allow us to enable Bottom Left Corner to open 'Start Screen'. I think there should be an alternatively of 'Ctrl+Win Key' for Mouse/TouchPad users similar to SIB+.

Thanks & Regards...

Edited by devdevadev

Could you make start menu and taskbar transparency, a separate option to custom coloured too please?

If I want Windows to control the colouring, I have no choice but to have everything transparent because SiB overrides the transparent option in windows settings

Thanks

Could you make start menu and taskbar transparency, a separate option to custom coloured too please?

If I want Windows to control the colouring, I have no choice but to have everything transparent because SiB overrides the transparent option in windows settings

Thanks

The slider for that option controls the opacity, you can set it to be fully opaque or fully transparent or anywhere in between, I think the options are perfect just a they are.

Hi been playing with win 10 pro x64 RTM (latest build) in a VMware world and noticed in win mail that when I have startisback running as my startmenu and pin the mail link to start menu or taskbar it shows a red count of the mail I have received. but when I go and read and accept and also delete the mail is still shows I have mail still to read. I have tried to log off and on and reboot but still the same.

I have gone direct to the outlook website and check for new mail but all mail folders are empty. If I disable startisback and log off and on the icon shows correctly (No new mail).

Anyone else notice this ?

That did the trick.  BTW, before I knew you had a beta available, I had purchased a different product to fill in temporarily.  From a company that Rhmynes with FarClock.  Let me say that your product utterly destroys the competition.

I would have used a hand drawn crayon depiction of the start menu before I'd ever give "FarClock" any of my money.

@Tihiy

Speaking of money, is there anywhere/way I can donate to you without having to purchase more keys?

And thank you for a great program!

Hi been playing with win 10 pro x64 RTM (latest build) in a VMware world and noticed in win mail that when I have startisback running as my startmenu and pin the mail link to start menu or taskbar it shows a red count of the mail I have received. but when I go and read and accept and also delete the mail is still shows I have mail still to read. I have tried to log off and on and reboot but still the same.

I have gone direct to the outlook website and check for new mail but all mail folders are empty. If I disable startisback and log off and on the icon shows correctly (No new mail).

Anyone else notice this ?

Mine always shows there's mail when there is none.

Edited by MrCobra

RC

Obligatory download link:

https://s3.amazonaws...sPlus_setup.exe

- Style has been reinvigorated for Windows 10

- Reimplented Modern apps uninstallation.

NOTE: It's possible to blow your leg off with it and even uninstall Store. Handle with care!

- Tweaks and changes to default settings

Notable fixes:

- System transparency setting is now honored

- Improved RTM compatibility

But what unread mail count live tile in Win10 start menu shows for Mail?

I have updated to the new RC build and rebooted. With start is back running it shows I have 1 new mail on my taskbar and also where I have pinned the icon to the start menu. Checked in the mail program no new mail. Now If I disable startisback and log off and on, the icon in the taskbar is now clear of any new mail but the live tile in the start screen still shows 1 new mail.

Thanks

(also MrCobra is nice to know its not just me thanks)

Thanks

The slider for that option controls the opacity, you can set it to be fully opaque or fully transparent or anywhere in between, I think the options are perfect just a they are.

If I want Windows to control the colour scheme, NOT SiB, then I can't use that slider and can not control transparency unless I want SiB controlling the colour scheme too

Separate options for colour and transparency are needed IMO

Edited by Detection

For those wondering about the Mail app displaying the wrong mail count; that's an issue with the current version of the app, not SIB.

Scratch that, seems to happen with the Facebook app as well and that isn't an issue with the app. Odd.

Loving the new theme by the way. Thanks for the continued support Tihiy!

Edited by Excelsis

Hi Tihiy, your Start Menu rocks!

Could SIB+ change the color of title bars? 10240 build colors Win32 apps title bar in white. It is possible to recover W8.1 behaviour and color according the theme?

Can we get bigger rounded user avatar?

Thank you very much for support!

Edited by followingsun

RC

Obligatory download link:

https://s3.amazonaws...sPlus_setup.exe

- Style has been reinvigorated for Windows 10

- Reimplented Modern apps uninstallation.

NOTE: It's possible to blow your leg off with it and even uninstall Store. Handle with care!

- Tweaks and changes to default settings

Notable fixes:

- System transparency setting is now honored

- Improved RTM compatibility

I am noticing a bug with the opacity settings, every time you open the settings menu it gets reset to the default value.

Also noticing with custom themes every time I hit test in WSB it makes the start menu transparent and all you can see is the text, no problems when logging out or restarting once it has been set in the options again though.

Also just wondering if there is a chance you can disable the new Taskbar and Jump List and restore it to the old themed style if it is present in the msstyles like you have done with the start menu?