StartIsBack++ 2.9

Tihiy

BETA 2

Obligatory download link:

https://s3.amazonaws...sPlus_setup.exe

What's hot in beta 2:

- You can disable resource hogging XAML beasts ShellExperienceHost.exe and SearchUI.exe from pre-launching.

This setting should be harmless as they will be started as needed (when you use Cortana, Network/Volume/Battery/Action Center/Start menu flyouts)

- Terminate modern apps with close button setting is reinstated

I have mixed results if modern apps suspend themselves when closed on Win10

- Obligatory bugfixes and improvements for newer Win10 builds

Edited by Tihiy

That is one hell of a beautiful looking Start menu with those glyph-icons. And nice enhancement for disabling those resource hogging XAML beasts. What a pity that normal people don't notice how rewriting the OS in XAML makes it worse than fast C/C++ code. :(

Edited by xpclient

Would you guys like a round user picture on Start Menu?

First I confirm the startisback++ is working great and looking great in windows 10 build 10162

I personally prefer the round user picture in windows 10

I guess you could have it round as an option but personally I think I like it square, maybe if you make it an option to try then we could give more feedback on preference.

I was hoping to find a link to download the new beta 2 version. Is there any, please? :huh:

BETA 2

Obligatory download link:

https://s3.amazonaws...sPlus_setup.exe

What's hot in beta 2:

- You can disable resource hogging XAML beasts ShellExperienceHost.exe and SearchUI.exe from pre-launching.

This setting should be harmless as they will be started as needed (when you use Cortana, Network/Volume/Battery/Action Center/Start menu flyouts)

- Terminate modern apps with close button setting is reinstated

I have mixed results if modern apps suspend themselves when closed on Win10

- Obligatory bugfixes and improvements for newer Win10 builds

Sure, very pleased to see SiB working on 10 now, I was getting worried I would be stuck with that hideous thing they call a menu

Will it be a free update to SiB+ owners?

Alright, I got it! It works fine in WX-162, it took me awile to realize how to disable those ugly glyph icons... OR, if it would be posible to have them, but in a much better design quality (that will be awesome).

Personaly, I prefer the user picture in rectangle shape, but like anything else, maybe giving the option of a round one would please some/more people.

I've noticed, also, the choise between pressing "Win" key and "Win + Ctrl" keys are limited to basically two options. Perhaps, if possible, it should be one more: showing the original Win 10 menu.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but for me clicking on the "Settings" didn't work at all, I was just getting an error message saying that there is not assign action for that particular choise.

So far, so good. I'm actually a proud registered owner of the previous version of StartIsBack, and I've tried some other alternatives for Start Menu replacement. But, the best turned out to be StartIsBack. Therefore, I'm gonna keep going with my choice, regardless of getting SiB++ for free as an upgrade or not.

I'm not sure if there is anything being worked on some other options regarding Aero Glass, what will really be nice would be to have the transparency applied to the title bar as well. But maybe I dream too much, it's just a wish.

Anyway, thanks a lot for all good work, dedication and for giving us a much appreciated option of an reasonable alternative to M$ stuberness. THX!

Yes, please :)

I believe it would match the round User Picture on the login screen.

Is it possible for you guys to add the feature to make the whole start menu a different colour? So where the "apps" are in the start menu the usual colour is white but is it possible to make a feature to change it to like black and the font colour to white? Hopefully I'm not complicating things, love it anyways! Keep doing great stuff like this! :D

I don't know how popular this will be, but I like the idea of live tiles anchored to the right but without cortana and web results and the like. A live tile for calendar/email would be of interest to me - and I'm sure there are plenty of people who would want stocks/facebook/etc.

Running almost fine on Windows 10 10166, only downside is it has removed the windows modern UI apps list from the start menu, so ive now no access to the store, edge or games which ive downloaded from the store, is there a way to bring this back and possibly add a feature in the options menu to remove it for people who dont want to see the modern UI apps ?

Its ok, cancel that, found it, the folder in the start menu is now called start apps.

Edited by jamin280672