StartIsBack++ 2.9

Tihiy

Hi, I posted about this issue on Virtual Customs, Mr GRiM advised to write it here since it's a bug and so you will see. It's an issue with StartisBack++ on RS1 builds involving the taskbar immersive context menus.

StartisBack is enabled for current user, there is a huge taskbar right click menu:

attachment.php?attachmentid=74860&d=1470

Disable StartisBack normal, smaller right click menu:

attachment.php?attachmentid=74861&d=1470

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Terrowin

I have a few suggestions: 

* custom glyph icons for the right hand side items. 

* rearrange items in right hand side. 

* let user decide where to put separators between items in the right hand side. 

* the notification count badges for modern apps in start menu (very useful for mail and other things).

I just did the win10 anniversary update and installed v1.3.3. The start menu search is terribly slow when looking for control panel items. It takes a good few seconds to display results. Searching was instantaneous prior to the windows update. Any ideas?

Edited by muffinman

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know when this bug started to occur, but if I right click a recently used program in the start menu (left column) and choose "remove from this list", that item will never appear in the start menu most-frequently-used list ever again. The only way to fix it is to reset the entire list.

(Windows 10 anniversary edition)

5 hours ago, blackwind said:

When you expand the Control Panel menu in the Anniversary Update, there's a blank item at the top of the menu that does nothing.

Single blank item at the top of Control Panel has been there practically forever (I even remember seeing it as far back as XP), but I see two such items in Anniversary update now...

On 8/26/2016 at 9:21 AM, blackwind said:

Just started happening for me. 10240 and 10586 were fine.

@Tihiy Is an update in the works to fix this?

Also it seems that the last two programs I installed have blank white icons in the start menu, not sure if this is a bug or anything but I don't know.

17 hours ago, Ryrynz said:

Could you allow the blur to be removed off the start menu so it matches and looks continuous to the taskbar when set to the same color and visibility?

It's already an option, you can enable and disable blur on the start menu and taskbar in the appearance menu, toggle the little rain drop icon, it  probably should be a bit more obvious that it is a setting, also make sure you have checked both of the custom color settings options.

Edited by MrGRiM

I:n the next version "startisback", the intensity controller "Glass" bara the Windows Task! It can simultaneously control the "Aeroglass" of the title bar of Explorer windows and the windows of the programs.

We have an error in the "Orb" !? If the Orbs is small, you click on the start menu! You open the two styles "classic and modern!" It's like the little Orb, can not cover the whole range ... and leave gap to the next menu! That was not completely overlapped ..

Orbs Link:

https://mega.nz/#!Vo4CDI7Y!BSBGJIZ3x0SmOUN3YmMwqN9HXY5q_Lhal_BX-jcbKM4

Edited by Edivan Baptista

Error in menu .. Modern mode also displays the classic menu!? ..

...Just move the mouse pointer, a little off the menu button on the Centre to start !?

Picture 01:

https://mega.nz/#!U84n2TBA!DOzEhfILX91cjsg1YvfKBC_f2MVdiAgZB2UoWL9GzTE

Picture 02:

https://mega.nz/#!YkJzCADK!TfGmvX1dR97f8Q5nIH1HlaII20urWVG9hCnn7MHycwI

Link Orbrs:

https://mega.nz/#!Vo4CDI7Y!BSBGJIZ3x0SmOUN3YmMwqN9HXY5q_Lhal_BX-jcbKM4

Edited by Edivan Baptista

• 2 weeks later...