StartIsBack++ 2.9

Tihiy

Custom taskbar coloring not working here with 1.0.3 (Windows updated to latest KB3081438).

Are you using a different theme other than the default Plain8?  Custom taskbar coloring is working for me (I have KB3081438 too).

Edited by roirraWedorehT

Custom taskbar coloring not working here with 1.0.3 (Windows updated to latest KB3081438).

Are you using a different theme other than the default Plain8?  Custom taskbar coloring is working for me (I have KB3081438 too).

Found the problem - Classic Shell was installed, and it was overriding taskbar color. So, not a problem with SIB.

Search works for me... although PC settings search results have vanished from both SIB and system.

I've just noticed after upgrading to 1.0.3 (think I was on 1.0.1 before) that I'm not getting results from PC Settings now either.  The main one I use is "Windows Update".  If I Ctrl+Win and type "Windows Update", the 'Check for Updates' option does appear but only once the entire string is tpyed.  With SIB, only 'View Installed Updates' is returned no matter how much of the string is typed.  What's going on here and is it fixable?

edit: This seems to have been fixed by another cumulative update for Win10, after installing that and rebooting, search in SIB seems to be working properly again.

Edited by idbirch2

Hi.

I just purchased a 5PC Family Pack of StartIsBack, but when I try to activate, I receive the message: Error Connecting Activation Server.

And when I try to activate via web browser, the browser times out.

I finally managed to get the activation to not display any errors, but it still is NOT activated even after a restart.

post-191596-0-73618700-1440095493_thumb.

Edited by dypsis

Hi.

I just purchased a 5PC Family Pack of StartIsBack, but when I try to activate, I receive the message: Error Connecting Activation Server.

I finally managed to get the activation to not display any errors, but it still is NOT activated even after a restart.

attachicon.gifStartIsback - Error Connecting Activation Server.jpg

You have to write support email.

http://www.startisback.com/#support-tab

General support

If you have licensing or urgent support questions, please email me to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.

Hi.

General support

If you have licensing or urgent support questions, please email me to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.

I have already emailed 12 hours ago and received no response.

I also entered my email in the Submit Query field and recieved this email: This key is able to activate 5 PCs. Available PC activations: 4 Used PC activations: 1.

I have only attempted to activate 1 computer.

Edited by dypsis

Hi.

General support

I also entered my email in the Submit Query field and recieved this email: This key is able to activate 5 PCs. Available PC activations: 4 Used PC activations: 1.

The email address is the only method for handling licensing issues other than losing or never receiving your license key, which is the only thing that the automated form is for.

Edited by roirraWedorehT

Hi.

General support

The email address is the only method for handling licensing issues other than losing or never receiving your license key, which is the only thing that the automated form is for.

But as I said, I have already emailed to: startisback at gmail dot com

Hi.

General support

But as I said, I have already emailed to: startisback at gmail dot com

I understand, and I believe you.

Don't bother buying it, because you can't activate it and if you send an email, no-one responds.

Such a shame that people who want to do the right think and purchase it, can't activate it. Not good.

Edited by Tripredacus

Don't bother buying it, because you can't activate it and if you send an email, no-one responds.

Such a shame that people who want to do the right think and purchase it, can't activate it. Not good.

It's been how long since you sent mail? 1 day? SiB is a one-man project, so it may take a few days to get a reply, just be patient. Even large software companies rarely answer immediately (actually, my experience has been that a week between replies is not unusual).

It's been how long since you sent mail? 1 day? SiB is a one-man project, so it may take a few days to get a reply, just be patient. Even large software companies rarely answer immediately (actually, my experience has been that a week between replies is not unusual).

OK.

Anyone else has this problem with the Settings icon with StartIsBack++?

bDJmEwO.png

EDIT: SageThumbs was causing the issue. It's OK now.

Edited by rpsgc